Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to order a new Ranger XP 1000 Northstar Ultimate with no luck at all. Anyone have any luck?

·
Registered
2022 Northstar Ultimate camo crew (patiently waiting)
168 Posts
Buddy ordered a new 22 Ult camo crew in Nov. dealer accepted it and $ down. Cancelled the order per Polaris.

·
Registered
2019 NorthStar HVAC
20 Posts
Starting Nov. 1 dealers are given a monthly allotment on the number of NS models they can order. I tried to place an order for a NS Trail Boss at the end of Oct. but my dealer I normally use told me to wait until Nov. 1 to see if they could even order one. On Nov 1 he called to say they could order 2 NS Ultimate but no NS TB. And he would call me Dec. 1 to let me know if they had any allotments for NS TB for December.

At the end of Nov. I decided to check other dealers and found one in town that had ordered a NS TB before the allocations had gone into effect and should be delivered end of March-April and was not spoken for. I put $1K down on it. Dec. 1 the dealer I normally use called to say he had an allotment for 1 NS TB and asked if I still wanted it.

So call around to different dealers, odds are you will have to get on a waiting list and luck of the draw. But by using more than one dealer you increase your odds. The first of the month is when the allocations come in to each dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't believe anything that Polaris says anymore. I ordered a Ranger Crew NS in July and was originally told to expect it between mid-October to the end of November. In November that turned into Feb-March of 2022. The online system just pushed it back yet again to sometime in April. I'm pretty well over it. A 97-06 Jeep wrangler is looking pretty good right about now.

·
Registered
2020 XP1000 Ride Command
76 Posts
There are countless threads on the current lead times on new orders... I will just throw this out there, it isn't just Polaris, it is most everything.

I do understand the frustration of waiting so long for an expensive product, or not even being able to order it, I get it. I have been there and done that many times throughout my life. But the delays are probably not within Polaris's control. And they are adjusting their policies as current conditions dictate. I would say they have done a pretty good job dealing with the situation. These supply chain issues are unchartered water for them too. In my opinion it is a good move for them to discontinue taking custom orders and move to allocations. They can at least distribute product in a calculated manor. It might not make the individual happy, but it does treat dealers equally. Why take custom orders when you know they will have very long lead times and result in customer dissatisfaction?

None of my rambling will make anyone waiting on a Ranger feel better or be more patient, but don't bash on Polaris. I am sure they would prefer to sell units as fast as people want to buy them. I am not defending Polaris in any way, and my opinion probably doesn't mean jack to anyone (you don't know me so why should it - this is the internet). I just see this same situation in my daily work... this is everywhere now.

to the OP, I think your best option is just what Cold iron mentioned above; work with your local dealer (maybe two or more if you have multiple dealers) and see if you can preorder one of their allocation units. You may not get exactly what you want, but you may also have the option to get something a little nicer than you wanted too...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts