Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about ordering a 2021 XP 1000 and would like to hear what everyones experience are with them and if they would buy one again. I have looked at Honda Pioneer, Can Am Defender, but the Ranger looks to be tried and true. Sure you do a google search, or keep up with the Ranger FB post and more negative is found, but that's internet. Nobody says anything until something bad happens. Lets hear it!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the straight/inline shifting on a Ranger over a the design on the Defender. I had a clutch issue with my '20 XP 1000 Crew. Took forever for then to fix it at the dealership. My wife doesn't like that the seat sits up so high and the headlights suck. Other than that, I would but another one. I like the 14" wheels on the '21 models, think it is a nice upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2021 XP1000 three weeks ago, this is first off road vehicle I have ever owned. I also considered the Honda Pioneer, however the current availability has been limited. The quality of the XP1000 seems exceptional, the fit and finish is great, I have not found any faults. I read the various concerns and reported problems, coming from a motorcycle background, this seems like the normal dialog from any forum I have every frequented. At this point, yes I would purchase the same unit if I had it to do over.

·
Registered
2018 1000 XP
34 Posts
Mine is 2018 1000 XP. I have over 6000 miles with just a few minor problems. All covered by warranty.
I think having a good dealer is just as important as the machine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, I would buy again. They a great, reliable, and well-accessorized machines. I think the only thing they are bested on is that Honda has them on quality inspection and fit and finish. If they had a better handle on that, the competition wouldn't even be close. Honestly, there are few companies that I have found that can even come close to what Honda has achieved in this category, so I am not going to ding Polaris on that too bad. I've owned several Polaris, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki utv's, motorcycles, three-wheelers, atvs over the years, and that is just my two cents.

·
Super Moderator
2,443 Posts
Honda Pioneers are no better than any other sxs in fit and finish in my opinion.
Their frames develop rust spots sitting in the dealer parking lot. Their cab enclosures are two generations behind Polaris and one behind Can Am in quality and fit and sealing and honestly look worse than the Ranger 800's. They offer a kit to cut down on in cab heat to make them tolerable to ride in during summer heat. The four seat models fill up with steam from water splash on the exhaust. Honda fans love them because they are Honda.
The Ranger 900 which was released in '13 was already ahead of the p1000 in comfort and convenience and the reliability is good too. I have a '17 900 XP and love it. Full cab that seals up, heat, very smooth ride, very capable off road, quiet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my 2019 Northstar brand new and i have put new rims and street tires on it. This past summer i put a new Gilomen clutch and tune in it and what a difference that made. No more jerkey starts and now it has about 100 horse with that tune. It really hauls the mail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2019 XP 1000 Northstar. Overall I’ve been very happy with it. I’ve used it in some steep rugged stuff in Wyoming, Idaho and California. My only complaints are how loud it is at higher speeds, and the fact that it is more of an all wheel drive than 4wd, meaning the front wheels are only locked in when the rears start spinning. It works great uphill, but can create some serious pucker factor when going downhill on steep, loose stuff. The compression braking makes the rear tires lock up and the fronts are no help at that point. I haven’t driven the other brands, but I doubt they are better. Polaris makes a quality machine, and the dealer service has been great.
Oh, one other complaint is that the tip-out windshield is not as water tight as it could be at high speeds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a big Honda fan and purchased a new 2020 XP1000 this year. Better availabilty and pricing. Overall it's a good machine and accessory options are great. I have 1500 miles on it and runs great. I would make same choice now over Pioneer.
The new Yamaha Wolverine 1000 is nice but pricey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got mine a few months ago, and can't attest to many of the experiences these guys can offer but I would -absolutely- buy mine again. It is exactly what I was expecting to have, and exactly what I wanted. It can haul a ton of gear. You have to try to get it stuck (i've failed to get it stuck so far). Motor / transmission / speed / power / comfort / all exactly what you should expect from that kind of money.

I do think ALL SXS's from every major company are super over priced, but if you have the spare money to get into owning one of these machines I couldn't recommend it more highly.

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
165 Posts
2019 with close to 3000 miles. Gillomen tune and clutch work. Bunch of other stuff. I’d absolutely buy it again. I might go back in time and get the back country edition if I could. Water at the duck hole is deep in spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts