Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new 2020 Ranger 570 Midsize EPS. Wondering if Polaris ever started sealing the under wheel areas, front and rear to prevent accumulation of mud and water getting into the battery areas, electronics, fuel tank, etc. Can't find a 2020 to check it out. I know you can buy a aftermarket fix, but don't really want to.
Thanks for reply

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking to buy a new 2020 Ranger 570 Midsize EPS. Wondering if Polaris ever started sealing the under wheel areas, front and rear to prevent accumulation of mud and water getting into the battery areas, electronics, fuel tank, etc. Can't find a 2020 to check it out. I know you can buy a aftermarket fix, but don't really want to.
Thanks for reply
I've seen the 2020's and no, they are still not covered. That I the main reason I will no be buying one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A hear you fortdix! I bought a 2019 570 mid and love the machine. I don’t like the fact that everything is exposed to the wheel slop. But I see videos of guys driving these rangers in places I would never and seems ok. You think Polaris would have address this if it was a major problem by now. But I’m going to buy some aftermarket protect because what is how I am

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen the 2020's and no, they are still not covered. That I the main reason I will no be buying one.
I also feel the same way. If you pay good money for something, you would think they would finish building it before they offer it for sale. Look at build quality before you chunk out the cash..

·
Registered
407 Posts
I agree with you on trying to keep it clean.
And its a Job when you go muddin.

I was telling the dude I know at a Polaris dealership about going to a ATV park and how much mud I got all over my XP 900
He was saying why did you pressure wash it.

Because I've had a lot of years of 4x4 with trucks.
And know the minerals will get in places and eat the metal up.

I even took the seat out and the Plastic storage.

washed it out.
Soaped everything down with Dawn and turtle was Ice car wash in a spray bottle.

Think It will keep everything from getting corroded .

Sand is not your friend.

Got some green synthetic waterproof grease NLG1 and stuck it in a grease gun and greased everything on my Ranger that had a fitting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have never seen any UTV that has good mud proofing around the front wheel wells or rear wheels/engine compartment. I purchased an aftermarket kit that works well and then fashioned a 1/8" rubber wheel wells for the front which works great. Now I can hit a mudhole and the water does not come out of my switches or get all over the wiring under the hood. I will post some pictures if interested on how I fashioned/fit the rubber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts