Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
What the biggest tires that you can put on with just a 4” portal lift? I have a 2021 xp 1000 crew. Trying to decide between 4&6” portal. Would like to run 32’s maybe 33” tires

·
Registered
340 Posts
The OP is running 33's with forward a arms. Which your probably going to want anyways. Stock are a little weak for portals.

Then, dont forget heavy duty ball joints and frame stiffener at minimum. Tie rods are a good idea also.

·
Vendor
408 Posts
With 4" portals and 1.5" forward arms, you shouldn't have any problem running a 32" with very little or no rubbing. We don't have the arms ready for the 2021 models yet. They changed up the frame mounts, so we're knocking out an updated kit for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m running 1.5 forward arms. 33 rubs at full lock. Wish I would have went with the 2 inch arms instead.

With 4" portals and 1.5" forward arms, you shouldn't have any problem running a 32" with very little or no rubbing. We don't have the arms ready for the 2021 models yet. They changed up the frame mounts, so we're knocking out an updated kit for them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@SuperATV Guys yall sold me a 4 inch portal for my 2021 Ranger XP1000. Now its sitting in the shop because its incompatible? What gives! Got new brackets or A arms yet for this?

·
Vendor
408 Posts
@SuperATV Guys yall sold me a 4 inch portal for my 2021 Ranger XP1000. Now its sitting in the shop because its incompatible? What gives! Got new brackets or A arms yet for this?
Yep, unfortunately the fitment cuts off at 2020. We don't have an update for the new arms and ball joints yet. Working on it. It shouldn't be long. I'm trying to get an update now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Top speed was not really affected due to the fact I went with 15% gear reduction instead of 30. Now mine is tuned and it doesnt have a single issue doing 55+ as it sits. With the 15% reduction a 33 inch tire basically makes it drive like stock other than the actual rotational mass of the wheels and tires. Speedo is spot on and gps tested. If i was doing more rock crawling scenarios I would have gone 30% reduction but this is basically my hunting and trail rig.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@SuperATV Do you have any ides when you will have forward A arms available for the 2021 Ranger XP 1000 ?
Yep, unfortunately the fitment cuts off at 2020. We don't have an update for the new arms and ball joints yet. Working on it. It shouldn't be long. I'm trying to get an update now.
Any update yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You still on the fence Ducks?
Running stock axles on my portal rig running 30" tires.
Nice thing about portals, they take the strain off the drive train. My machine thinks its on 26" tires.
Yep, still can’t decide on the portals. Although this is for another project. I’m bringing an old 6x6 back to life with a few upgrades. So trying to decide on 6 new axles and all the “problems“that come along with 4-6” lifts or just portals and call it a day. This will be for a machine that rides through flooded rice & bean fields during duck season. Then just easy trail riding and yard work.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well, i have over 1000 miles on mine since spring. Had one seal leak on a portal. $5 fix.

The reason i went with portals it to take the strain off the weak trans after moving up to 30" tires. Even though going to portals is as expensive as a new trans, i didn't want the job of yanking the trans out of the machine if i ever had a problem with it. Then trying to source parts and there availability.

Be aware, a front frame stiffener and heavy duty ball joints are a must if you want to remain problem free. And while its tore down that far, garage products bushings for all your a arms.

I removed my 2 1/2 lift and am back to stock suspension geometry. With 30s and the portals I have 18 1/2 ground clearance. With the lift i was at 21" but sat the bed almost too high to be usable to haul wood in and other chores around the house. Who wants to lift wood logs chest high to load the bed.

After running them, there is no way I'd jack my machine with a 6" lift.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@SuperATV
I called you guys today and they said your forward A arms for the 2021 Ranger XP1000 would not be available until late April?
Last week in post #14 you mentioned they would be ready in about two weeks ... can you confirm if it will be soon or if it will actually be April?
I see Highlifter has there's out already but I would like to purchase yours
Thank you

OP ...I didn't mean to hijack your thread sorry

·
Vendor
408 Posts
@Max H What are you doing in these parts? Lol!! ;) :ROFLMAO:
The last I heard, they'd be ready by the end of the month. I'll check again and try to get an update.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts