MBRP 5 in. turbo back exhaust
UWS toolbox
Programmer
Bumper replacement
Leather

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Mine is just a truck that does what I need for work and play and has the 7.3 Turbo Diesel that is costing me a small fortune now that fuel is over $4 per gallon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll post a pic of my 'Z'..when 2 things happen............

1. we get a pretty day :D

2. I get her cleaned up..................

seems like the only pretty days we have, are when I am working...then on the weekend, we have to work to pick up after a storm that has wreaked havoc!!!!! been having some wierd weather down this way!! Last Thursday was 65*+...Friday we had almost 6 inches of snow..then Saturday, it was cloudy and had a cold wind....yesterday was sunny and warm...today cloudy and spitting rain!!!!!!!!! Had the Ranger and truck pretty clean thursday, and then friday night I pulled the ranger down in the woods...with the 'Z'....so we wouldn't have to walk over a mile to repair a downed line in the woods, with no truck access!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is pretty odd weather im ready for summer!

and im ready to see some pics of that chevy :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jackh, I'll get some pics of my '07 GMC Duramax/Allison up soon. Do you visit Dieselplace. I'm a member there but have'nt visited in a while. Mines mostly stock except for Cognito leveling kit & tie rod/pitman arm upgrade, "Which I've got to install yet", Edge Juice with Attitude and 285 Goodyear Silent Armors. Maybe a few items from Kennedy Diesel in the near future, he's not far from me. Diesel fuel in Fond du Lac, Wi. yesterday..... $3.96 a gallon for Premier fuel OUCH :eek: :mad: :( :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WinnebagoWarrior said:
Jackh, I'll get some pics of my '07 GMC Duramax/Allison up soon. Do you visit Dieselplace. I'm a member there but have'nt visited in a while. Mines mostly stock except for Cognito leveling kit & tie rod/pitman arm upgrade, "Which I've got to install yet", Edge Juice with Attitude and 285 Goodyear Silent Armors. Maybe a few items from Kennedy Diesel in the near future, he's not far from me. Diesel fuel in Fond du Lac, Wi. yesterday..... $3.96 a gallon for Premier fuel OUCH :eek: :mad: :( :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
yep been a member over there for a little while now im jackh there also. whats your tag?

truck sounds great man, did you get the cognito/pitman and idler stuff from norcal nick? how do you like the edge?

i paid $3.87 the other day, i may turn to bio :-\ lol probably not though. my uncle gets cooking oil and filters it and runs it in his old powerjoke, been doin it for a while now and has had not problem. he gets the oil free and he didn't modify his engine at all to run it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep, Nick Vazquez @ NorCal. Good folks there. From what I've understand, biodiesel is very efficient ie: mpg/power unlike it's gasoline counterpart E85 which hasen't yielded very favorable results in my wifes Yukon. Biodiesel is kind of difficult to find here, but then again I haven't looked real hard....... yet. My handle over at DP is Jr. Your truck is a nice lookin' ride also. Black sure looks nice when it's clean, then again a little mud gives em some character. O0

·
Registered
47 Posts
I fueled up the Excursion yesterday.

Here is So. Cal, I paid $4.09 a gallon!!!!! :idiot2: :knuppel2: :'(

I had right around a quarter of a tank, put in $140, and it didn't even fill it up! Too bad one of them ugly Prius' wont pull a trailer or haul 8 people!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It's the same here on the east cost and even worse then the price at the pump is the skyrocketing prices of our food that gets to the store by way of trucks.

Might be time we all do this and start sending a message that we can get together.

Subject: GAS PRICES Please Read

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL
SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

A retired Coca Cola executive sent this.
It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Haliburton.
If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this
summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain
day' campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next
summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil
companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to
'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that
can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00
is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.98 for regular unleaded in
my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned
us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75,
we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers
need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is
if we hit s someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And,
we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together
to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce
their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will
have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of
Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp
out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is
to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to
at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) and those 300 send it to at least
ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches
the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten
friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it.

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's
all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all
you have to do is send this to 10 people. Well let's face it, you
just aren't a mathematician, I am so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail
out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people
could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I
suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES
TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

All you have to do is look at the sign and don’t pull in to fill up at
EXXON or MOBIL

They have tankers coming in every day and when they can’t sell it and have no room to store it then they will be in pain like we are!

We all complain to our friends and family so, here is a chance to make ourselves heard and actually do something about it.

Keep it going!

Exxon/Mobil is not the only culprits here but when they start crying foul they will be heard!

Gary

·
Registered
47 Posts
This could work, but.....the problem is once Exxon and Mobil begin to lower their prices just about everyone will flock there to buy gas. I kinda' laugh when people are lined up to buy gas at a station that is less than ten cents less than an empty gas station accross the street. Everyone (including me!) wastes a dollar here and a dollar there (starbucks, lottery tickets, super sizing lunch, etc.) yet we will wait in line at a gas station to save a dollar. If the price difference was signifficant, I would wait in line too, but not for a dollar or so.

Could you imagine a Shell or Chevron station with gas at about $4.00, and a Mobil or Exxon with gas at $3.50. I guarantee there will be a line to the street at the station with gas at $3.50. The bigger the difference, the longer the lines would get......then the higher the price would go. I doubt Exxon or Mobil would keep their price that low when they are swamped with business. As consumers, we could probably drive the price down a little, but it would be tough to drive it down signifficantly.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Good analogy there PT but, the premise is to NOT buy gas at either Mobil or Exxon at all.

Where I live here in NY is right on the border of PA & NJ. All three states come together at Port Jervis NY, Matamoras PA & Montague NJ.

New Jersey has the least fuel tax of these three states and fuel is usually about 20 -30 cents per gallon cheaper.
It pays to travel the extra mile to buy our gas in NJ. 20 gallons saves you $6.

In NJ there is 7 gas stations right there and just over the border and all are very busy with lines. Every one of them has the exact same price. It is a bit of a Gas war and if the mobil or exxon stations lowered their price so would the others just to stay in business. At the traffic light before I go into NJ is a gas station still in NY. The price is $3.29.9/gal and he has ZERO business. In NJ and within sight the price is $2.99.9 and they are swamped, all of them.

The point is, if Mobil and Exxon had no business but the others stayed swamped then Mobil & Exxon would lower their prices. The others would quickly follow because they won't allow Mobil & Exxon to have it all. If people actually came together and down right refused to go to Mobil & Exxon then they would continue to drop their prices and so would the others.

I say to hell with Mobil & Exxon and when they bring the prices back down to a reasonable price, then and only then will I ever buy another gallon of their fuel. They are the biggest and they dictate to the others what price they can charge.

Think about this for a few minutes. We all love our ATVs and UTVs while there is all sorts of opposition about us riding them on state and federal lands. Our tax dollars pay for all of these lands and for the polititians that want to take them away from us!

As a group, we can't come together to fight these tree hugging idiots but we all continue to buy new machines and accessorize them to our liking, why? So we can ride them in our back yards?

We as a whole are never willing to revolt until things get so bad that we almost have to!

How many of us actually send our polititians those letters that say we don't want to loose our right to ride here or there?

How many of us just sit back and hope the next guy will do it and save the day?

I don't even like politics but if you did a poll here you will find that just as many democrats as there are republicans ride and love our off road vehicles. The same goes for buying gas at the pumps but we can't get over ourselves to fight it.

First they devide us and then they put the screws to us all!

If Mobil can't sell their gas or if republicans or democrats can't get elected then they will begin to listen to us all.

It is not a political thing, its the reality we all live under.

Keep in mind that the USA has plenty of natural resources but we can't drill here or there or build refineries here or there or build Nuke Plants because we all miss the point which is the bottom line! Our dollar is in the gutter because we pay everyone else to do it for us and we want their land to get raped and the pollution to be somewhere else!

Better then 50% of this country and our economy is owned by foreign concerns and they bought it with our money after we bailed them out!

You can close your eyes and ears but you better get used to opening up your wallets and it won't be long before we are on the bottom!

Gary

·
Registered
507 Posts
Here is mine. 2005 GMC SLT Duramax with 4" MBRP exhaust with cat removed, Predator running on 40 HP.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dmax- how you like that MBRP?

im ordering a 5 in turbo back the end of this week im so excited :D

·
Registered
507 Posts
I really like it. One of my concerns when I decided to go with a different exhaust, was noise. I did not want to increase interior cab noise. From the research I did, the 5" was louder than the 4", so I went 4". I was very impressed by the quality of their product, it fit like a glove. What I noticed right off the bat, was that the turbo spools up quicker for better low end acceleration.

You will be happy with it. By the way, where did you order from? I got mine from Nate @ Performance Truck Products. They are a vendor on dieselplace.com, and was very good to deal with.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Still the weather has not cooperated down here!!! :tickedoff: Had plans to do a clean up job on the p/u this weekend, was supposed to be pretty.then Friday morning at 0500, got a call to go to Hot Springs (110 miles) and do Storm Restoration work, after some bad T-storms they had thursday night.................was up there all day Friday...it wasn't bad, was worn out from riding, and not working when I got back home about 1830 that night, then I had a trbl call and by the time I finished, ate a bite, and got to the house, it was 2030, and had T-storms with some pea to marble size hail!!!!! was back in the bucket truck at 2100 and got home at 0130 Saturday morning.......really tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to bed/sleep a little after 2, got up about 0830/0900, got a call, and was back in the truck again headed to El dorado, about 35 miles to work was was left over from the T-storms the night before :tickedoff:.got in at 2000 last night and died!!!!! I did do a little project on the Ranger this morning...added some mud flaps under the cab...to cover the area over the dry storage/gas tank, that fills with mud....will get some pics posted as soon as I find my camera again :eek:..........and the rest of the day, I'm resting!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dmax- that who im gonna order from also, seems to be the best price around and he ships in 2 days :smitten:

did you install your system yourself?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes, I installed it myself. I removed the stock exhaust intact and saved it just in case I need it for any warranty issues. The hardest part was removing the stock exhaust from the rubber hangers. After that, everything went smooth.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here's my 02 Z71...........pretty much stock, running K&N Filters, Flowmaster Series 70 exhaust, and a Hyper-Tech unit, and running 285/16 treads, Warn 9.5K winch, and the KC's are 100watt..........got 96k miles and still runs and drives like new!!! I also forgot the Mossy Oak Break-up trim package that I added, and also have the MOBU Seat covers and floor matts.......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts