Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Northstar Ultimate camo crew (patiently waiting)
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m waiting on a 22 NS Ult crew and I’m wondering if I’m going to be able to plug in a charger inside the cab for a dewalt charger. I’m going to a cordless drill auger set up and want to be able to charge batteries. If not does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks all

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
106 Posts
Depending on your battery platform Dewalt has chargers that plug into the power outlet. FWIW the lil lady runs an 8” strikemaster on my 1/2” selectable hammer drill with a 60v 9 ah flex battery and there are no issues with battery life. She takes out another battery or two but thats only because she hangs a DCL077B light from the ceiling of her hub shack and it likes its power.

I also thought i would need to add a charger but after last year found it wasn’t needed. I am curious if the Ranger would be on long enough to do much for charging a battery.

·
Registered
2022 Northstar Ultimate camo crew (patiently waiting)
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depending on your battery platform Dewalt has chargers that plug into the power outlet. FWIW the lil lady runs an 8” strikemaster on my 1/2” selectable hammer drill with a 60v 9 ah flex battery and there are no issues with battery life. She takes out another battery or two but thats only because she hangs a DCL077B light from the ceiling of her hub shack and it likes its power.

I also thought i would need to add a charger but after last year found it wasn’t needed. I am curious if the Ranger would be on long enough to do much for charging a battery.
Thank you guys for the info and input. Gerb how many holes would you guess you get with the 9ah. On that 8”? I know ice thickness plays a huge role. Think I may just buy a couple 9ah and call it good.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
106 Posts
I guess we never tried to make swiss cheese on the ice but as good as this cuts I couldn’t imagine not being able to get 40 holes in 12” of ice. Maybe thats too optimistic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can buy a small output Inverter to provide the 110v to use the charger. Would be very easy to hook up to battery and will not drain the UTV battery when not in use. The small units are not very expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts