Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my power steering this week and going to install this weekend and was wondering how many other members have it and what you think of it??? :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Eps

We have Polaris EPS on our 2009 Ranger HD (700 EFI) and it had given us faultless service from the get go. We have operated the entire Ranger line and, quite honestly, I enjoy never having to think about steering our HD.

We own 200 acres of forest land on the side of a small mountain, so we have varying terrain and conditions -- from rocky trails to muddy swamp -- and steering the machine is one of the last things that ever crosses my mind. I think that says quite a bit about how the EPS actually works.

Wouldn't mind having an extra inch of ground clearance, however. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
bugmanjones

had it instlled on my 2012 800 xp. had it on my 2010. grand for ole man wid bad sholder. 2012 has been blowing a 30 amp fuse. got 2 uv em while heater running. put a braker in it and it holding ok now. ma have heater and ps on same braker.wont have another without the ps and street legal 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you tell me web site for armstrong? I've only priced one but don't remember where at 885.00 my wife sure would like one on her ranger 2008 700 xp

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
No power steering on my 2006 500 4x4 Ranger, and I don't miss it.

BTW wonabhd, "armstrong" is a play on words. Manual steering supposedly takes strong arms...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
You said you don't miss it. Did you ever have it?
Not on a Ranger - only in my cars & trucks.

Power steering often causes tires and equipment to wear more rapidly by encouraging people to steer when the car/truck/tractor/Ranger is sitting still. It is much easier on the equipment and tires if you steer while the vehicle is moving. Power Steering has made it effortless to steer while sitting still, which is hard on all of the front end linkage and joints and also wears out tires.

Dad taught me many years ago that moving the vehicle slowly while steering makes a world of difference in both taking care of your front end and ease of turning the steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts