Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home today to find my new power steering unit at my door. It was wrapped very well, so A + on the shipping. I removed it from the box and laid it out for the first photo shoot. I will start the install by Thursday, and hopefully it will end on Thursday sense it looks pretty easy to install. From what I can tell it should bolt up with my Tilt Steering Kit. A full write up will be done on this kit. If you are in a hurry to get one of these I sell them as well as www.unisteer.com . Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a picture of it still in the shrink wrapped package:

And here is picture of everything that is included.

Picture of the computer/sensoring device:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will, and I plan to sneak out and start removing the hood and front dash to make the install easier on me. I will be taking step by step pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
do you now if something hapens to the drive motor if you will still be able to stear or not?

joe

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, If the motor overheats, or goes out, it returns back to original steering. This unit goes in between your steering wheel and your rack and pinion. It also comes with a led trouble light to let you know if something is wrong. I will start installing it shortly.

Josh

·
Registered
345 Posts
This would be a nice option!!! What do they run in price, if you don't mind me asking!

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey josh,
I just got time to sit down and post something.
I spoke to the guys at the powering steering company wouldn't you know it looking all over the U.S. and they are in my back yard.
I think they are even going to be able to help with my rat rod.
They offered for me to come over and tour the place and check out there product in a coupe ,i think I am gonna go.
Also I will try that charger trick to prolong my battery life thanks.

Well keep us posted and if I make any changes I will do the same.

Josh pm me where I can post some pics and I will of the ranger and the meaty plow now in use.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mikcon said:
hey josh,
I just got time to sit down and post something.
I spoke to the guys at the powering steering company wouldn't you know it looking all over the U.S. and they are in my back yard.
I think they are even going to be able to help with my rat rod.
They offered for me to come over and tour the place and check out there product in a coupe ,i think I am gonna go.
Also I will try that charger trick to prolong my battery life thanks.

Well keep us posted and if I make any changes I will do the same.

Josh pm me where I can post some pics and I will of the ranger and the meaty plow now in use.
I am jealous, I didn't get that offer. However I started the install, but have to be somewhere in the morning early and stopped working on it.

I will send you a p.m.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a side view before the install

Here is a side view and you can see the custom hold bar I made for the wife!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Removed the hood to get access

I will be removing the Dash and Floor Board for pictures. No need to do this step :Removed the digital display, you can unplug the wires but safer to remove and set aside. Note the 2 nuts below that holds it on.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Removed Steering wheel and dash. I have the tilt steering so no need to show you the removal of that.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is suppose to be the alignment hole, it is not on my 07 XP, it seemed to be shifted over about 2 inches. However the bottom hole worked well.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is the floor board removed. No need to do this step. I removed to get good pictures and to do a snorkle for the belt exhaust.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a picture of the small shaft connecting to the steering box. The best way to get this kit in is in pieces. Install small shaft first. Then the motor and then the upper shaft.

It is hard to see but the motor is installed

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This works o.k. with the Tilt Steering Installed. Just make sure the shaft don't stick through the u-joint

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will continue on tomorrow, I had to quit early but hopefully should finish tomorrow. I will get more pictures and a video of it working.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Factory Install Instructions .pdf file

here is a copy of the factory install instruction in a .pdf file

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts