Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got to install my Uni-Steer power steering today and I must say that I am pleased. The Ranger drives so much easier now I only have to use one hand even in the turns now matter how sharp. I actually only have to use pressure on the bottom of my palm to make it turn wheather I'm moving or sitting still. Now I did run into a couple of things that I should tell you about: 1. I have the RangerWare heat block off plate installed under the dash and you will have to mark it where the main body of the power steering hits it and cut out that part so the main power unit will fit. This means you'll have take it off. 2. I found that my Ranger had a couple factory plugs with wires where the main body bolts to the frame and I had to disconnect them and reroute them after the main body was secured. I took a hole saw an cut a hole in the plastic over by the breather tubes and ran those plugs and wires back through it and reconnected. 3. Also found I had to cut my plastic a little where the bottom shaft bolted to the main body to give it room to spin aroung with hitting anything. 4. Check your gas cable where it comes through the floor panel (inside where your rack and pinion steering is) cause mine was hitting the new knuckle on the main power unit. I just moved it over a little and zip tied. OVERALL: If you want to enjoy your Ranger without the hassles of wresting it around to turn it, get the power steering it makes driving the Ranger a much more pleasurable experence. It's just like alot of other mods when you think of it the Ranger should have came this way from the factory 800 to 900 motor, better parking brake,(Thanks Nethawk) Power steering, Wheel well liners etc. Worth it?? I say YES if you spend anytime at all driving the Ranger or no matter how you use it its a great benefit. If you ever want to think its not worth it or second guess your purchase just remove the power steering on your daily vehicle and see how you like driving it without the power steering. I can remember those days :( then when I got power steering ;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts