Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a really dusty ride this weekend, my wife got home and informed me she was going online and searching for prescription goggles!

She wears glasses and doesn't like the feel of goggles over her glasses. If she wears contacts she can't take off the goggles at all because if she gets anything in her eye w/ the contacts on her eyes bother her. The dust was so bad this weekend her glasses didn't help very much.

She asked me if this had ever been mentioned in the forums before, so she'd know where to go.
I've never seen it discussed so she did a search and ordered a set from here:
http://www.sportrx.com/search_results.asp?type=category&category=goggle&ims=1&iss=0&category_type=atv

Josh, maybe you should think about getting one of these sites to become a sponsor. We posted a question about the subject on a local forum and it got a lot of interest. Something maybe a lot of riders w/ glasses don't think about or know where to go.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Good info FG and let us know how your wife likes them.

The closest I have come was to find a pair of lexan safety glasses that have a bifocal magnifier in them just like the reading glasses we buy over the counter. They do fine around the shop while working with tools but not on a dusty trail.

Friends who must wear glasses all the time have used Scott- Over Glasses Goggles and once they found the right fit they were very happy with them.

Gary

·
Registered
47 Posts
This year we purchased prescription goggles for my son for sports (baseball right now). At first I thought, there was no way he was going to wear sports "goggles." I was going to purchase some Oakley's for him and have prescription lenses put in them. After seeing the "goggles" it was easy to decide to go with those over the Oakley's.

We got Rec-Specs for him. They look like regular sunglass frames....similar to something like an Oakley style. We had Transitions lenses put in them, and they are great. Transitions lenses are much better now days than they were 20 years ago. They are nice and dark during the day, and crystal clear at night. The "goggles" have a removeable strap, so they can be worn as regular glasses.

All-in-all, we (and my son) are very impressed with these. The optomitrist said we could have even got tinted lenses, with a mirrored coating (in several different colors), but wanted something my son could wear day and night.

I didn't want to post a link here, but if you search "Rec Specs," you will find these......best of luck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Many years ago when I was in jr. high school there was someone talking about his under water adventures. He glued so old lenses from some of his glasses to his diving mask. Just a thought glasses have come a long way since then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts