Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Has anyone found an easy way to change the pulse bar power to full time? I'm waiting on my NS to show up, someday, and I don't like my accessories on key on power. Just wondering if it's as easy as swapping a wire somewhere or if I'm going to have to dive in deep.

Thank you
Troy

·
Registered
73 Posts
The pulse bar has both 12V and 12V ignition. You should just have to switch which wire is being used to control the accessory. But simply switching them isn't going to work with everything, as if your accessories or switches have a standby draw they can drain your battery even when not in use.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The one under the hood is as stated in my NS Crew but the one in ceiling is just 12V ignition. At least that’s the way mine is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pulse bar has both 12V and 12V ignition. You should just have to switch which wire is being used to control the accessory. But simply switching them isn't going to work with everything, as if your accessories or switches have a standby draw they can drain your battery even when not in use.
Thank you, I haven't gotten mine yet and my buddy has an older ranger, his is key only

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one under the hood is as stated in my NS Crew but the one in ceiling is just 12V ignition. At least that’s the way mine is.
Thank you for the input, I'm definitely going to want full time power on the roof, I plan to mount my cb there

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey all, Has anyone found an easy way to change the pulse bar power to full time? I'm waiting on my NS to show up, someday, and I don't like my accessories on key on power. Just wondering if it's as easy as swapping a wire somewhere or if I'm going to have to dive in deep.

Thank you
Troy
On my 2018 I simply bypassed the relay behind the cab. They have 2 wires going thru the bulk head for current capabilities. Remember IF you are doing any high amp accessories use a separate relay with fused battery power.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On my 2018 I simply bypassed the relay behind the cab. They have 2 wires going thru the bulk head for current capabilities. Remember IF you are doing any high amp accessories use a separate relay with fused battery power.
Perfect, thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts