Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a Ranger 1000 I just installed a light bar with two wires. Pos and neg into the pulse bar
The switch light stays on Drives me crazy
Can I wire from the key side of the pulse bar to the switch side of a new rocker switch I bought.
Will it only work with the switch on (I hope)
Thanks much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it has a relay. The new switch has 5 terminals out the back. Thanks much for the help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So you can either switch your hot lead to the 12V ignition power but you will only be able to use the light if the key is on.

It would also likely draw power for the light directly from the 12V ignition source which might cause the fuse to pop depending on total load.

This isn't the best way to go about it, but it is the simplest if you're not familiar with wiring.

The better way is to change the wiring harness so that it still uses 12V battery leads for the power that directly goes to the light through the relay, but use 12V ignition power for controlling the relay.

If you want the switch to work at all times, instead of with key on power, then you can just wire the LED+ terminal on the switch with 12V ignition power.

Standard 5 pin switch

Standard relay

On relay 87 is normal open, and 87a is normal closed. For lighting applications use 87.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts