Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I was wondering how much bigger tires would decrease power? I’m currently running 26’’ Bighorn 2.0s and they’re getting some wear. Wanted to go up to 28’’ with a bit more aggressive tread. Would I notice a difference in power with the 28 inch? If so, how much? Also, do knobbier tires cut down on power? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey. I was wondering how much bigger tires would decrease power? I’m currently running 26’’ Bighorn 2.0s and they’re getting some wear. Wanted to go up to 28’’ with a bit more aggressive tread. Would I notice a difference in power with the 28 inch? If so, how much? Also, do knobbier tires cut down on power? Thanks
I have the same dilemma---want to go bigger but not rob power as I do a lot of hill climbing. According to many posts Iv'e read here the 570 works best with 27 inch. Go bigger and you can have clearance and power/clutch issues. Hard to imagine 28's being a problem but I guess that depends on how you use it, Burying larger diam. knobby tires in deep, sticky mud while turning back and forth to try and get out causes axle breakage. Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same dilemma---want to go bigger but not rob power as I do a lot of hill climbing. According to many posts Iv'e read here the 570 works best with 27 inch. Go bigger and you can have clearance and power/clutch issues. Hard to imagine 28's being a problem but I guess that depends on how you use it, Burying larger diam. knobby tires in deep, sticky mud while turning back and forth to try and get out causes axle breakage. Good luck!
I think I’ll wait until the tires really need to be replaced.. the 26” are really fine for what I use it for, and I don’t know if bigger tires would really help me that much since it gets so wet here... the ground just moves lol.. I may see if I can get some 27” though. Thanks for the input!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts