Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a summit heater in my '15 570 midsize. Can anyone tell my if the radiator hoses are 7/8 or 1" so I know what size "Y" to order.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
The upper and lower hoses are 1 inch. Many have cut into their rad hoses for water for the heater,that does give you some heat. Check out running heater hoses from the engine to the heater,many have went to this and they get heat quicker. Theres various forums that show how the installation is done, also by using heater hoses you increase the capacity of coolant. What tough is getting the air out of the system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning on running 5/8 hose off the port below the thermostat and returning through the lower radiator hose. Will that be a good way to go?

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
177 Posts
Check out the Inferno heater site. You can use their instructions as a guide. If you mount the heater core under the hood like my 570 full size Inferno you won't need to shut off the coolant flow in the summer.

As long as you don't touch the fan switch in July!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts