Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 Ranger 6x6 800 and I removed the original radiator for cleaning yesterday. After seeing the amount of bent and broken fins, I want to replace it since it is also bent and not letting the fan bolts all line up anymore.

I found this upgraded radiator on ebay: Pro Radiator Polaris Ranger 400 500 800 6x6 900 Diesel XP 800 2010 11 12 13 | eBay

This seems like a great price, I priced out the OEM at $350 from an OEM supplier online. The only thing is the radiator cap is pictured on the same end as the hose inlet and outlets in the pictures in the above ebay ad link. The OEM radiator has the inlet and outlet on the driver's side with the cap on the passenger side. Has anybody got a radiator like this or could it be a generic picture?

I'm also open to hearing recommendations for different radiators that cost similar or less than the $350 OEM radiator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you end up replacing your stock radiator with the one in the link you posted?...I was just out last night for a ride and got a stick jammed in the radiator and blew it...Totally trashed...REALLY mad...anyway, I'd like to replace it ASAP, but I'm not totally sure what I wanna do...I'd prefer not to spend an arm and a leg on an OEM. I usually see incidents like this as an opportunity to upgrade and I like the 30% larger radiator...Just wondering if you went through with getting it. Wanted to know if it fit right...if the stock fan fits the same and whatnot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just thought I'd pop in with an update...Not that it seems like anyone cares, since there hasn't been any other posts on this topic, but here goes. The radiator in the link above (no-name aftermarket eBay radiator) is a fine replacement to the stock radiator. I don't have the 6x6, but I have the 800 efi midsize. Mine said it was 30% larger, but it's the same size externally, just had more runs. It definitely keeps my buggy running cooler than the stock one. Engine temp climbs slower, fan cools it faster, fan doesn't kick on as often. I would recommend one to anyone who needs a replacement rather than shelling out a ridiculous amount of money for a stock one. The inlet and outlet is on the same side as the stock ones, but the drain port and the cap are not...no big deal, it still works just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
redvett said:
I too have a 800HO Midsize and it runs quite hot with fan running most of the time. Where did you get a larger capacity radiator?
I got it from eBay...I paid like $180 for it. Here's a link for one...there's a few being sold on there from different places for different prices, but they all look exacly tIt'll ame. Next, I'm gonna install a 5" Spal fan under the seat behind where a passenger's legs would be, aiming straight toward the rear of the machine. It'll blow 300 cfm of air over the exhaust and hopefully cure the common hot seat issue that so many of us have.

Great Radiator Polaris Ranger 400 500 800 6x6 900 Diesel XP 800 2010 2011 12 13 | eBay

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got it from eBay...I paid like $180 for it. Here's a link for one...there's a few being sold on there from different places for different prices, but they all look exacly tIt'll ame. Next, I'm gonna install a 5" Spal fan under the seat behind where a passenger's legs would be, aiming straight toward the rear of the machine. It'll blow 300 cfm of air over the exhaust and hopefully cure the common hot seat issue that so many of us have.

Great Radiator Polaris Ranger 400 500 800 6x6 900 Diesel XP 800 2010 2011 12 13 | eBay
what is a spal fan? I am having problems with my seat getting extremely hot and was thinking of modifying the engine compartment is such a way as to allow more air to get over the exhaust and engine.

I would really like to hear more about the route you took and how it worked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a 2010 Ranger 6x6 800 and I removed the original radiator for cleaning yesterday. After seeing the amount of bent and broken fins, I want to replace it since it is also bent and not letting the fan bolts all line up anymore.

I found this upgraded radiator on ebay: Pro Radiator Polaris Ranger 400 500 800 6x6 900 Diesel XP 800 2010 11 12 13 | eBay

This seems like a great price, I priced out the OEM at $350 from an OEM supplier online. The only thing is the radiator cap is pictured on the same end as the hose inlet and outlets in the pictures in the above ebay ad link. The OEM radiator has the inlet and outlet on the driver's side with the cap on the passenger side. Has anybody got a radiator like this or could it be a generic picture?

I'm also open to hearing recommendations for different radiators that cost similar or less than the $350 OEM radiator.
That’s the exact configuration of my 1997 6x6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts