Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2022 NS ultimate and it has zero radio reception anyone else have the same problem
Dealer says it’s because I live i a remote area truck radio works fine

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
254 Posts
The factory and aftermarket both are pitiful IMO. If a sit still in the perfect spot it tolerable. I think the stereo itself is weaker now a days. Everyone Bluetooth and plays what they want.

The amplified antennas don’t work either so save your money. I be tried two different ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey , ratz , on the polaris ranger club forum I have a part number for an after market antenna. I had the exact same problem with my unit. I got the after market one on now and it made a 100% difference. I am also in a rural area. One annoyance is if I turn on my spot light on the cab my radio will lose some reception. I can try and look up the part number unless you have found one already. I am pretty happy with the result now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey , ratz , on the polaris ranger club forum I have a part number for an after market antenna. I had the exact same problem with my unit. I got the after market one on now and it made a 100% difference. I am also in a rural area. One annoyance is if I turn on my spot light on the cab my radio will lose some reception. I can try and look up the part number unless you have found one already. I am pretty happy with the result now.
If you have the part number I’d like to get it
It’s a brand new machine just picked it up Dec 30 going back to the dealer this week
Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Pretty sad a machine that's made to go in the outback can't get radio recption without a aftermarket antennaa lol
Are you supposed to ride in cities all the time ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just picked up my 2022 NS ultimate and it has zero radio reception anyone else have the same problem
I have the ‘21 NS Ultimate and the radio reception is almost zero. It just can’t pull in the signal whereas, my vehicle reception in the same spot is flawless. Yes, I am in a remote area so I just bluetooth music from my phone. Think the problem is a combination of a poor radio sensitivity, inadequate electronic noise suppression and and very low gain antenna.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 18 Northstar came with a factory Polaris radio when I bought it. It has no reception in the remote areas we drive. The dealership told me my radio has an internal antenna and that it is not possible to add an external antenna. Has anyone else been told this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Picked my Ns ultimate up in October I have the same problem radio reception is zero to poor!!
If you have blue tooth on your phone is the only way to listen to music . Otherwise no music every so often you may get a channel to come in.

·
Registered
2017 Ranger Crew Northstar 6" lift 15" wheels with 32's
81 Posts
Yeah my 2017 NS has no radio reception either. I bought the recreational watts kit but haven't installed it yet. There are some other posts in here where guys said it works ok (that is my recollection).

·
Registered
2020 XP1000 Ride Command
76 Posts
I looked on the Recreational Watts website, they do not list a antenna for units with Ride Command, the antenna specifically states without Ride Command I am assuming the NS models all have Ride Command.... are you guys using this antenna with Ride Command ??
Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Electronic device

·
Registered
2020 XP1000 Ride Command
76 Posts
It works with ride command I have it installed in my 2021 NS crew ultimate
I emailed Rec Watts about it, the reply was the results are mixed - some good some bad, so they quit listing it for the Ride Command equipped units.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts