Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to the site and was hoping someone on here may have some info on this. I found a good price on some factory 2019 ranger 1000 wheels/tires and was wanting to see if they would fit on my 2017 ranger 900xp in place of the factory steel wheels. Found a few write ups where people had done this with rzr 1000 wheels on ranger 900xp but none with ranger 1000. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello all,

I'm new to the site and was hoping someone on here may have some info on this. I found a good price on some factory 2019 ranger 1000 wheels/tires and was wanting to see if they would fit on my 2017 ranger 900xp in place of the factory steel wheels. Found a few write ups where people had done this with rzr 1000 wheels on ranger 900xp but none with ranger 1000. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
They are a direct swap.
You will need to purchase a set of lug nuts ( 12mmx1.5 ) unless you are getting them with the wheels as well.
And you may possibly need to move your upper shock mounts to the outside holes to help prevent some minor rubbing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was concerned that the offset may be different especially in the rear just by looking at a picture of a 1000 and how wide they look. Is that the reason for moving the shock? I think tire size is only an inch taller difference so I think I can clear them with no lift. Correct or not?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was concerned that the offset may be different especially in the rear just by looking at a picture of a 1000 and how wide they look. Is that the reason for moving the shock? I think tire size is only an inch taller difference so I think I can clear them with no lift. Correct or not?
The offsets are a little different between the steel and aluminum wheels, but will make no difference here.
Your unit came with 25’s and your new wheels are 27’s. At full steering lock, it is possible they may rub a little on the inner fenderwell.
If they rub, move the shocks to the outer holes, this utilizes more of the Springs designed Spring Rate. If they still rub to your dislike, add 1 click ( notch ) of preload from the spring adjusters.
Note: When doing preload adjustments lift the unit ( tires ) off the floor, removing some of the tension off the Spring.
Yes, you should be able to clear these with no lift in most cases, but there are several variables.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts