Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a LED back up light I got from Norther tool on My 2012 Ranger 400 HO. My machine is carburated , so I do not have a fancy computer control.

I have wired it directly to the back up alarm wires and have about 12 hours of burning with no issues. The light works great!!! very bright and only draws .5 amps. Comes on when I put it in reverse.

I mounted the light to my back roll bar, under my roof. It lights both the dump bed and about 10ft behind the machine. It worked so well I am thinking about 2 more up top and in front. I had to extend the wires with butt connectors and heat shrink and then put spade connectors on the ends to plug into the OEM wires (red and purple wire (purple connects to the black wire on the light)on the drivers side of the dump bed). Cut off the heat shrink, connect and re-heat shrink. The factory wires under the dump bed are apparently for a back up alarm.

Norther tool:
TruckStar DC LED Utility Light — 12 Volt, 340 Lumens, Model# 1492110
ORDER TODAY AND SAVE $5: item number 127757. The light cost 34.99.

TruckStar DC LED Utility Light — 12 Volt, 340 Lumens, Model# 1492110 | Automotive Work Lights | Northern Tool + Equipment

1 - 1 of 1 Posts