Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading a thread and I saw the oil needed to be changed every 25 hours my dealer told be 100 but what all will I need. Where can I buy oil filters / what size . Also what oil will I need . Also if any of you could direct me to a online manual that would be very helpful.
Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You have to use Polaris oil & filter as long as it is under a warranty, if you want any warranty work done on the engine if you were to have problem........oil & filter at my stealer is $38 and some change.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You have to use Polaris oil & filter as long as it is under a warranty, if you want any warranty work done on the engine if you were to have problem........oil & filter at my stealer is $38 and some change.
You do not HAVE to use Polaris oil and filter!! All you need to do is keep your receipt where you bought the oil and filter and as long as the oil and filter meet the basic specs, your are covered under warranty.
There are laws that say as consumers, we do not have to purchase only a manufactures oil and other products to stay in warranty.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Federal law seeks to ensure competition within the marketplace and that specifically includes guaranteeing continued warranty coverage outside of the OEM-branded lubricants. In short, you have the right to use the oil of your choice.

Some OEMs include warnings of catastrophic engine failure should a non-OEM oil be used. These tactics are especially pervasive in the power sports market and are calculated to create uncertainty and fear in the consuming public to the point that many consumers feel they are at risk when using anything but OEM-branded lubricants. Generally, the public is unaware that it is illegal for a vehicle manufacturer to tie the warranty of its product to the use of the manufacturers own lubricant.

If the lubricant did not cause the problem, the OEM warranty cannot be voided, period.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking for the specific numbers on the oil like 5w-20 or 10w-40 what would run good in the ranger . This is Florida so not to much cold weather. Also do they sell filters on pure polaris.

·
Registered
127 Posts
NO NO NO, I see it was covered already. Don't listen to the dealership LIES!

·
Registered
447 Posts
AMSOIL has premium synthetic oils, lubes and oil filters for the Polaris. If that interests you (or anyone else) I would be happy to recommend what to use and even set it up so you can order direct from AMSOIL at up to a 25% discount. PM me for more info......but please include complete details on your machine if you want product recommendations.

PS - Distribution center in central-FL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts