Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently stripped the Left Rear Axle on my 2002 Ranger. The female end of the axle at the rearend is worn badly. The rear end spindle looks good. I can't find the axle anywhere and really not sure how to fix it. I locked the differential so that the right side pulls. Problem is, I'm having to use the 4wd a lot because it spins out with only that one side breaking away..

The part Number is 1380203 but says unavailable. Thought about welding, but not a lot of room to weld at the end, and you would have to make sure it was lined up straight so as not to wobble.....:(

Pics attached

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same exact problem on my series 10 ranger. Did you find any answers to this problem? I thought of drilling a hole in the axle inserting a roll pin or drilling a couple hole and welding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone of y'all find a fix to the axle cause I am having the kinda same problem 09 ranger 500 efi rear axle diff

·
Registered
37 Posts
The '09 uses a double a-arm independent rear with CV axles. @Moorebilt14 you might have a broken CV joint?
The Series 10 had a solid rear axle.
For the Series 10 folks, you might have some luck taking the axle to a driveshaft shop, they could probably cut off and weld on a new spline insert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts