Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW, should anyone else experience this issue, here is what worked for me.

On our 2011 Ranger 500EFI, we were having to pump the brake pedal, hard, several times to get the starter to spin. The dash lights and relays all clicked when we turned the key, but couldn't get the starter to engage unless we pumped the brake pedal several times, really hard.

Soooo I located the brake safety switch. On the 2011 500 EFI it is located on the master brake cylinder. There are two wires running to it with a push on connector that attaches to the pressure switch which is screwed into the master brake cylinder/reservoir. I removed the connecter and cleaned up the contacts with a good contact cleaner and a small flat file. Then I applied some electrical anti-corrosive gel to the contact areas and clipped the wires back onto the pressure switch. I also noted that my brake fluid was at the minimum line so I put a bit of brake fluid into the reservoir.

Possibly, just from brake wear the lower fluid level was not activating the switch. Anyway, it works like a charm now. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm have almost the same problem so far nothing I've tried has work. I'm gonna try what you have done. I bought this unit used and so far it has been ok but I sure I'll find more problems down the road. To get to these things is not gonna be an easy task it looks like I'll have to take a panel off behind the left front tire to get to the master cylinder. Oh well just another day in paradise. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
guys I deleted mine on my 500 EFI. the switch is in the worst place you could every put an electric switch so I spliced the wire together and put my sxs in natural and start it up it will start in gear as long as you don't have your foot on the gas it is fine. that ended my problem after changing switches a couple of time and cleaning the contacts on the all the time i was sick of it so I stop it all together!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts