Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Ranger 570. I tried swapping out the stock rims on my ranger with the stock wheels from my son’s General. Even though I changed to longer posts and lugs, the lugs will not stay on the posts. They lock down tight but then begin to vibrate and the lugs back of the posts (stems). I’m beginning to think the General rims are not interchangeable with the Ranger rims.
Any help?

· Administrator
1,687 Posts
You will need to use adapters to use those wheels.
You are using the General aluminum wheels I assume?

And to make the adapters work you will probably need to put your original length studs back in your hubs.

· Administrator
1,687 Posts
The locating holes on both should be the same diameter.
The problem is the locating holes in the newer Polaris aluminum wheels that are used with 12mm studs are not machined deep enough to mount flush to the mounting surface of the older hubs because the little locating nubs on the older hubs stick out too far. There may also be other interference problems that I don't know about.

The adapters you need are advertised to adapt Polaris wheels with 12mm stud holes to mount onto hubs with 3/8" studs.

This link is to SuperATV as an example but there are lots of merchants that sell them at lots of different prices.
https://www.superatv.com/polaris-3-8-to-12mm-wheel-adapters

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Ranger 570. I tried swapping out the stock rims on my ranger with the stock wheels from my son’s General. Even though I changed to longer posts and lugs, the lugs will not stay on the posts. They lock down tight but then begin to vibrate and the lugs back of the posts (stems). I’m beginning to think the General rims are not interchangeable with the Ranger rims. Any help?
Did they fit without adapters?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts