Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 800 Crew. I was initially getting a check engine light with a code having to do with the fuel injectors. Turns out I had a short in one of the injector harnesses. I decided to just replace both harnesses and fuel injectors. That fixed the code/random bogging issue.

now, if I accelerate fast from start the engine stalls. This is the only time it happens and it’s every time if I try to accelerate rapidly. If I drive it normal there’s no issues. If I take off normal, I can then floor it to get to top speed without any issues.

any ideas what would cause stalling with rapid acceleration at take off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to check the fuel pressure. 800's are know to have bad fuel pumps.
Ok. I don’t have the tool for testing. Instead of purchasing one, I’m just going to go ahead and put that money towards a new fuel pump. Once that arrives, I will install it and see how things are looking!

·
Registered
84 Posts
If that isn't it, I'd still scan for broken or chafed wires. I know you replace some. All the wires zipp tied up around the throttle bodies on mine were horrible. Also, the wires at the crank position sensor were wore through. The sudden jab of the gas and rock of the motor when you stab it could be jerking on a bad wire. Pull the tank and clean it out when replacing the pump. You wont believe what crud comes out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that isn't it, I'd still scan for broken or chafed wires. I know you replace some. All the wires zipp tied up around the throttle bodies on mine were horrible. Also, the wires at the crank position sensor were wore through. The sudden jab of the gas and rock of the motor when you stab it could be jerking on a bad wire. Pull the tank and clean it out when replacing the pump. You wont believe what crud comes out.
Well, I just finished installing the new fuel pump. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem. I didn't see any worn wires tonight, but I will look closer in the daylight tomorrow.

This issue didn't happen until after I installed the new fuel injectors and harnesses. I'm starting to think that has something to do with this. Maybe there's a problem with one of the new harnesses or injectors. Unfortunately, one of the original fuel injectors broke when trying to remove the bad wire harness due to it being glued together, which is why I ended up getting the new ones. The factory must have really wanted those to keep a good connection! I could put the other old injector/harness back on and see if by chance that helps.

Not sure where else to go from here, besides bringing it in to get repaired.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Injectors very rarely go bad.

Whatever harness you didn't replace is where I'd be checking. Or replacing. I had some chaffed wire at the crank position sensor. Passengers side down at the motor.

Sometimes they will break inside the wire insulation and make them very difficult to find.

Otb powersports has all the harnesses you need and would just replace instead of chasing wires. T bap and t map sensor harness seem to be a common cause of problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I feel kind of dumb now. I was trying to think what could cause this problem all of a sudden and it dawned on me to check the air filter. I decided to put a new one in and everything works great!😅 Obviously, the engine wasn't getting enough air when hitting the gas.

It was just a coincidence that the problem started right after I changed the fuel injectors and wire harnesses. That's what was throwing me off!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts