Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Ranger 900XP Crew that I bought used with only 48 miles on it. The previous owner had a turf mode delete added to it, but that's the only modification that has been done.

I'm now at about 235 miles, but since I got it home, I've noticed a clicking noise that comes from the rear end when coasting to a stop (and it only happens, I'd say, 10% of the time). It usually get 3-5 clicks that sound very similar to the noise you get when the clutch engages on take-off. Other than the aggravation of sounding like it's about to fall apart when it happens, everything else seems to be in fine working order.

I just want to know if this is something that's common or not. Is it just the nature of the beast? Or did I get sold a lemon thats about to have some problems? Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks! Glad to be a part of the forum.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
Probably brake pads.
Common occurrence.
There is an adjustment on the calipers for that.
Hex screw. Run it in until the slack is gone and back it out maybe 3/4 turn, I don't remember the exact spec.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably brake pads.
Common occurrence.
There is an adjustment on the calipers for that.
Hex screw. Run it in until the slack is gone and back it out maybe 3/4 turn, I don't remember the exact spec.
Thanks, Rockit! I'll check that out. Definitely makes me feel a little better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts