Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2012 ranger 800, it recently met with a tree. Crashed into it actually.
The hit was minor, I thought.
So the front lower right a-arm was broke off(at frame end), the lower front right a-arm bracket tore off the frame, the lower front right(rear) a-arm bracket was tweaked too, the lower section of the frame (that a-arm brackets mount to) was twisted a bit as well. There was damage to the hood/fenders and the grill and bumper. But those aren't the issue.
The local Polaris dealer wants roughly $7000.00 to fix it. Ouch. I'm not ok with that and am gonna do the work myself. I have the tools and equipment and am a competent welder/fabricator.
Is there a somewhere I can find the a-arm brackets or do I need to make some?

Any info or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
860 Posts
i have a 2012 ranger 800, it recently met with a tree. Crashed into it actually.
The hit was minor, I thought.
So the front lower right a-arm was broke off(at frame end), the lower front right a-arm bracket tore off the frame, the lower front right(rear) a-arm bracket was tweaked too, the lower section of the frame (that a-arm brackets mount to) was twisted a bit as well. There was damage to the hood/fenders and the grill and bumper. But those aren't the issue.
The local Polaris dealer wants roughly $7000.00 to fix it. Ouch. I'm not ok with that and am gonna do the work myself. I have the tools and equipment and am a competent welder/fabricator.
Is there a somewhere I can find the a-arm brackets or do I need to make some?

Any info or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
BR, unless you can find a salvage place for Rangers close by, you will have to replicate them from scratch..........Shouldn't be to hard to make some better than the stock ones....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's fairly straight forward. My idea is to use a front a-arm brace for a rzr, modify if need be, use it as a guide and to add support to the front frame area. Dfr has one I like and will get.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can get the stock a arms easily from various vendors. I just replaced my lower with an OEM one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A arm mount

I recently broke a tie rod bolt which caused the frame to crack in front of the lower A arm mount. I was looking for a lower A arm gusset kit but they are not made for the Ranger. Im going to weld the cracked frame b/c its not that bad but would like to add some additional support near the mounts. Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts