Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New here. I have a full size 2016 ranger 570. I want to put new rims and tires on it. Rims are 12x6.5 front. Rear is 12x8. I guess. Does anyone have a website I can get fairly cheap rims off of? I CAN NOT find anything close to a good price. Can I use a 12x7 rim on both front and rear? My tires are 12x8 front. Rear tires are 12x10. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Be careful what you put on there. Our pre-owned 2006 Ranger came to us with ITP 14" cast wheels and 27-9-14 front and 27-11-14 rear tires. The tires were very old with a lot of cracking and one rear tire was leaking.

I ordered SUNF tires in the same sizes that the machine had. Customer service was very good and shipping was fast.

The first drive was an eye opener. Turning caused the edge of the tire to contact the rear of the wheel well and make a "thump, thump, thump" noise as the tire lugs touched the wheel well. It's a slight contact, but the noise was unnerving until I knew what it was.

I'm new to the ATV/UTV world and thought sticking with the sizes already on the machine was failsafe. Oops!

I wish now I would have known and ordered 26 or 25 inch tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts