Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Ranger XP 1000 Crew Flip Up Windshield

7K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Shep442 
#1 ·
Hi Y’all. So Far y’all have helped me go with the:
-Ranger over the Defender
-Poly Roof & Liner over steel

I recently ordered the Polaris XP 1000 Trail Boss. As y’all know the orders aren’t coming in quickly. Not complaining. Can’t wait to get the Trail Boss.

Now I need your experienced opinion on the front windshield. I’m pretty set on getting the flip up glass windshield. So if y’all can give me your feedback on any type of windshield that you like & trust, please let me know. I live in Florida, hunt in Georgia (6 Hr drive) and will be trail riding in Florida & Tn. There will be a lot of open trailer trailering. I want to have all my accessories ready at the dealership to be installed on delivery day. Also, let me know if you installed the windshield yourself orby the dealership. And if you installed it, how did it go. Y’all’s opinions are greatly appreciated

#2 ·
Shep442, I installed the flip out glass windshield myself. No issues with the install, need a buddy though as this is NOT a 1 man install! Rear glass install I did do by myself. Roof was a 2 man job ( build the roof into 1 piece on the ground and NOT as the instructions indicate) I have installed a horn, roof power buss, I have a MB Quart visor audio and sub to install once the rear speakers come in, along with a wiper! Let me know if I can help in any way! I am happy with everything so far!!

#9 ·
I have the flip out glass windshield and hardly ever open it. Let me say I use mine mostly hunting when it’s cold outside. I believe the difference in price was about $600, flip out w/ windshield wiper vs a fixed glass windshield. I do like the wiper but doubt I’d buy the flip out windshield again. Whatever you do, buy a glass windshield vs plastic one.

#10 ·
I have to have something for air circulation. I live in Fl. and hunt in Georgia. Southwest Ga. gets like an oven in the summer during lease work. Completely agree about glass over plastic. Most of the guys I hunt with had the plastic windshields and it wasn’t long before they went to glass. Thanks for the feedback

#11 ·

I recently ordered the Polaris XP 1000 Trail Boss. As y’all know the orders aren’t coming in quickly. Not complaining. Can’t wait to get the Trail Boss.

Now I need your experienced opinion on the front windshield. I’m pretty set on getting the flip up glass windshield. So if y’all can give me your feedback on any type of windshield that you like & trust, please let me know. I live in Florida, hunt in Georgia (6 Hr drive) and will be trail riding in Florida & Tn. There will be a lot of open trailer trailering. I want to have all my accessories ready at the dealership to be installed on delivery day. Also, let me know if you installed the windshield yourself orby the dealership. And if you installed it, how did it go. Y’all’s opinions are greatly appreciated
I have a 2020 Northstar , with GLASS and NO Scratches . Think of it this way , would you wipe your new PLASTIC windshield with a cloth full of SAND ?

#12 ·
Exactly. And that’s what the plastic looks like in a years time. That’s why I’m definitely going with glass. I just want to know how the flip up windshield open support rods hold up over time. By the feed back I’m getting, it appears pretty durable.

#19 ·

I just got the 2021 Northstar Ultimate with tip out. I have only gone 300 miles but I am impressed. I usually run 15-20 mph on mountain roads and less than 10 on rough trails. The only thing bad is the brackets where the struts are attached are WRONG. The top of the strut hits the bracket when the windshield bounces and is very noisy. I stuck round Velcro piece on the top of the strut and noise is gone. I plan to build new brackets if the Velcro doesn’t hold up. Takes a genius to design the strut bracket too close to the strut!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.