Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an email advising me of a recall on the 2019-2020 Ranger. Something to do with the ECU. I’m wonder if this has something to do with the transmission lever getting stuck and the engine lunging forward? It’s getting very annoying. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I actually have to turn off the engine to move the selector out of the stuck gear. So far I’m not overly impressed with this machine.

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
Polaris has determined that the current Engine Control Unit (ECU) calibration used in some 2019-2020 RANGER XP 1000, GENERAL XP 1000, and GENERAL 1000 (INTL) models may prevent the throttle plates from returning to idle position after an engine stalling event, which could lead to unintended vehicle motion upon restarting the engine.

Number of affected vehicles globally: 32,421

Number of incidents: No reports of incidents have been received.

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled vehicles and call their dealer to schedule a repair. We encourage consumers to visit our Dealer Locator or call ahead to confirm operating hours given the current unfolding COVD-19 situation. Polaris is notifying dealers and contacting affected registered owners by mail, and email if available.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just received an email advising me of a recall on the 2019-2020 Ranger. Something to do with the ECU. I’m wonder if this has something to do with the transmission lever getting stuck and the engine lunging forward? It’s getting very annoying. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I actually have to turn off the engine to move the selector out of the stuck gear. So far I’m not overly impressed with this machine.
Buddy of mine just took his in under warranty for same issue. Replaced his whole primary clutch and belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buddy of mine just took his in under warranty for same issue. Replaced his whole primary clutch and belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same but they actually replaced parts in my 2019 with 2020 parts per the manual when I looked them up. 1323655, 132356 & 1323400. Not exactly the entire primary clutch but close. Sadly that lasted 35 miles and Reverse just stopped working, no noise, everything else is fine. They claim they are putting a new reverse chain in... I'm curious because my understanding is 2019 1000 crews didn't have a reverse chain, that was new for 2020... We shall see...

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
Ranger 900's and 1000 crews have always had a reverse chain up until 2020.
The only exceptions I know of are high lifter and back country models.
The 2020 models I looked up in parts fiche have the new geared reverse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same but they actually replaced parts in my 2019 with 2020 parts per the manual when I looked them up. 1323655, 132356 & 1323400. Not exactly the entire primary clutch but close. Sadly that lasted 35 miles and Reverse just stopped working, no noise, everything else is fine. They claim they are putting a new reverse chain in... I'm curious because my understanding is 2019 1000 crews didn't have a reverse chain, that was new for 2020... We shall see...
🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
24 Posts
Went down yesterday to sign papers on new 2020 Polaris XP1000 Premium and Dealer told me he could not sell it to me yet and gave me a print out of Notice R020-01, they expect to have a corrected ECU calibrations in early April... I guess better now than having to take it back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has been at the dealer for three months, leaky roof, hard to shift, clutch cover recall, and now the ecu issue. If I get it back and it runs, I will be happy. Personally I feel they are way Overpriced since their maintenance teams and dealers can not even fix them. I had to drive it to another dealer an hour north of me as the closest dealer was revamping their whole maintenance repair program

·
Registered
297 Posts
I got A 2019 RANGER XP 900 HO last december.

Mine shifts good.
Runs good.

I'm gonna keep riding it.
If it breaks, I got a 6 yr warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2020 Northstar. My dealer fixed the issue but now I get a loud clunking noise when I start out from a stop. Dealer said it was the clutch gears re engaging. I'm not Happy after shelling out over $27K. Polaris needs to step up and fix this right. Anyone else out there having the clunking noise?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has been at the dealer for three months, leaky roof, hard to shift, clutch cover recall, and now the ecu issue. If I get it back and it runs, I will be happy. Personally I feel they are way Overpriced since their maintenance teams and dealers can not even fix them. I had to drive it to another dealer an hour north of me as the closest dealer was revamping their whole maintenance repair program
I have a 2018 Northstar Crew cab. It has logged more hours in the shop than in the dirt, literally! My first roof leaked and was so miss-fitted that both the front and rear roof panels developed cracks. I finally had reputable dealer install a new roof but the center seam still leaks, It's a terrible design that can only be addressed with multiple applications of caulking. I'm on my third windshield, the power steering has basically been rebuilt, just one ticky tacky thing after another. My 06 700XP ran like a champ never any problems. It had over 50K miles on it when I got rid of it and it's still running. Polaris just does not make the quality products they used to make!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Polaris has determined that the current Engine Control Unit (ECU) calibration used in some 2019-2020 RANGER XP 1000, GENERAL XP 1000, and GENERAL 1000 (INTL) models may prevent the throttle plates from returning to idle position after an engine stalling event, which could lead to unintended vehicle motion upon restarting the engine.

Number of affected vehicles globally: 32,421

Number of incidents: No reports of incidents have been received.

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled vehicles and call their dealer to schedule a repair. We encourage consumers to visit our Dealer Locator or call ahead to confirm operating hours given the current unfolding COVD-19 situation. Polaris is notifying dealers and contacting affected registered owners by mail, and email if available.
I don’t think I’ve ever stalled my 2020 XP, but I have noticed that it will start (and lurch) while in gear. My dealer is closed.... non-essential. :-(

I have a neighbor who experienced difficulty shift to the extent that he eventually snapped the shift lever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts