Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using in their rear diffs? How much does it take and is the rear diff and tranny using the same oil? In other words if I change the rear diff oil does it also drain the tranny oil? Thanks for any advice :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Awesome thanks people, how much does it take?
Takes about 1 1/4 quarts. I use Royal Purple Synchromax, works great so far.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also wondering about the front diff fluid, getting the quad ready for summer and need to change fluids, getting new rubber put on today :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm also looking to change out front diff fluid on '15 570 mid. Amsoil website didn't have info for '15 machine yet so I typed in '14 . They recommended hydraulic fluid (Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-30 ) for the front diff. However im not sure this would be the right stuff .

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm also looking to change out front diff fluid on '15 570 mid. Amsoil website didn't have info for '15 machine yet so I typed in '14 . They recommended hydraulic fluid (Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-30 ) for the front diff. However im not sure this would be the right stuff .
It is the right stuff.

AMSOIL ATH replaces both;
Front Drive Fluid/Demand Drive 2877922 and
AGL 2878068-2878069 (Gearcase lubricant and transmission fluid)

AMSOIL SVG replaces ATV Angle drive fluid 2876160 and 2872276 (stand along ear differential, not transmission-differential unit)

AMSOIL has done extensive competitive testing on these Polaris fluids. Polaris AGL and Polaris Demand Drive Fluid tested very similar. The findings indicate the Polaris AGL, even though it's used in the gear-case; is not a traditional gear lube. It's a version of transmission/hydraulic oil. For these reasons, AMSOIL recommends their Synthetic Tractor Transmission Hydraulic Oil (ATH) in place of both the Polaris AGL and the Demand Drive Fluid.
---->SxS Product Lookup Guide

1 - 13 of 13 Posts