Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo.... I am rebuilding the rear suspension, bushings, bearings and upgrading to Rhino axles on my 2015 Ranger 570 EPS (midsize with turf mode/one wheel driver option).... I had a real hard time getting the right side axle out... Same struggle on the left side but in the past on my 2003 Sportsman, I was able to pound out the opposite (left side) axle through the axle opening n the gear case..... when I gave the end of what i thought was the end of axle a tap it moved awkwardly and turned out there are rubber plugs of some sort in the center of the gear case between the 2 axles... I was able to get the other axle out with a slide hammer....My first pic shows the right side rubber plug moved and at an angle, the second pic is the left side which still has the rubber plug in place and the last picture is one I borrowed from the internet of a Sportsman gear case to prove to myself I am not crazy that you can tap an axle out of the other side through the opening :).

So did I screw this up bad and how important is this rubber plug? I can't find the rubber plug part number anywhere on any Polaris gear case parts diagrams? I am thinking if I can pull the plug out and push it back in to about the same spot as the other side I might be ok? I hate when I do stupid things.... Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts