Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ayone out there know where I can get or have ideas on how to make my own rear roll cage and add a seat. We are really only wanting to add 1 seat and still have room for storage on both sides of the seat. Anyone have pictures or websites I can go to?? THANKS!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
What is your location? I build cages but normally don't ship. You could find a childs racing seat from jeg's or something like that. I would recommend 4 point harnesses and don't use any tubing under .120 wall. Some cage makers use exhaust tubing to make cages for looks. Everything I build I use .120 wall hrew or dom. dom is drawn over mandrel and it is much stronger due to it doesn't have a welded seem. Spend a little more and get the good stuff. Also remember that the harbor freight and other cheap benders are not made to bend tubing. To properly bend tubing you need to have dies that are made to fit the tubing and follow it throughout the bend.

Josh

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey Bull look under his avatar, it states he's in,,, Athens, AL,,,

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Well if you are ever down :2funny: stop by and I will help you out. If you are looking to build own you will need a good welder. I prefer a mig welding tubing and would rather tig it but don't have a tig machine yet. If there is any questions you need to ask feel free to e-mail me or ask here. I will try to help you as much as possible. If you are looking for a good bender here is a place to get one http://www.jd2.com/ .

Josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts