Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have around 2500 miles on the machine and the rear sway bar is fractured. Was surprised it is a hollow tube. Is this a common thing on these? Covered by warranty but wonder if a solid bar is available.
Coil spring Suspension part Suspension Auto part Tire

·
Registered
479 Posts
Must have gotten a bad bunch or changed supplier's.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have two friends with late model polaris utvs and both have had broken frames and one had twisted sway bar.

I think they went China in recent years. Dont know if my 2013 sway is hollow or not, but have had no issues.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
310 Posts
Given the light weight of these machines and the sway bar OD they all appear to be hollow. The solid sway bar on my 6800 pound F250 is about the same diameter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is amazing how quickly weight can add up. Start out around 2000# empty, add glass, racks, tool boxes, and a driver and you're quickly pushing 2600#. Then add very uneven terrain and your possibly using all of the sway bar effect. I would guess turning the shock springs to full instead of half way could make a difference but have not seen any guidance on suggested settings. Trial and error

·
Registered
131 Posts
Given the light weight of these machines and the sway bar OD they all appear to be hollow. The solid sway bar on my 6800 pound F250 is about the same diameter.
Good point...I google searched broken sway bar polaris and it looks to be something that happens for long time...and they look to have been hollow tubes all along.

On this one... being under warranty, I wouldn't stress... ....just let them pay to replace. If continues then get a beefier one after market. As mentioned, if the shock is set to max, may lower it a notch.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
281 Posts
First I’ve seen. I have a 20 crew. 1800 miles on it. No issues with mine.

·
Registered
‘13 Sportsman 850 HO EPS Touring
22 Posts
Take it off. All you’ll notice is better articulation.

Reactions: Southwest ORV

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have around 2500 miles on the machine and the rear sway bar is fractured. Was surprised it is a hollow tube. Is this a common thing on these? Covered by warranty but wonder if a solid bar is available. View attachment 24322 View attachment 24322
Have a 2019 Ranger xp1000 crew with about 1200 miles. Put new rear tires on same size but look a little taller. Right after I put the tires on my bar snapped. Ordered a replacement and that one snapped about a month later. I think it has to do with my new tires. Was wondering if you even need that bar or can I just remove it completely???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Must have gotten a bad bunch or changed supplier's.

I just discovered my rear sway bar has broken on my 2019 Northstar Crew. it rarely sees an off-road trail. At the most dirt roads. I can’t imagine the factory hasn’t dealt with this issue. I’m going to call them tomorrow. You’re right! It should have been a recall from the amount of posts I’ve seen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have a 2019 Ranger xp1000 crew with about 1200 miles. Put new rear tires on same size but look a little taller. Right after I put the tires on my bar snapped. Ordered a replacement and that one snapped about a month later. I think it has to do with my new tires. Was wondering if you even need that bar or can I just remove it completely???
If you mostly road ride you'll probably want it on. If you mostly trail ride you'd be better off removing it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts