Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 2014 ranger 570 midsize this spring and finally decided to jump in and join you guys - have been lurking around for awhile and found this to be a very interesting/educational site.
Has anyone found a good rear view mirror that will stay in place?
I got one at the time of purchase of my 570 but it clamps around the roll cage. When trailering the mirror catches the wind and folds back but it also does that while I am riding - so every time I want to look behind me I have to move the mirror back. I have tried to tighten the clamp but it did not really help. Now I have tightened it to much and cracked the clamp.
Well now that I need a new mirror I would like to find one that will stay where positioned. Oh yes I am using a Polaris1/2 windshield and a Polaris roof.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got one off eBay for a chevy thats got the compass init clamped it to the roll bar doesn't move any

·
Registered
73 Posts
what mirror did you get?

what Chevy mirror did you get? do you have the part number or model number? also, do you have a pic of what it looks like mounted?

·
Registered
69 Posts
This was the one I was going to order

Has anyone here tried it ???

·
Registered
239 Posts
what Chevy mirror did you get? do you have the part number or model number? also, do you have a pic of what it looks like mounted?
Just do a search on eBay many to choose from i just painted a pipe clamp black and clamped it to the top bar sorry no pic

·
Registered
69 Posts
Update...

I did end up getting the CIPA

Install was easy even with a roof already on the 570..
I used a bit of Teflon tape on the screw thread for the Mirror itself right from the beginning, rather then wait for it to loosen then have to "Fix" it..

Does exactly what somebody would expect :eek: I can see behind me

Would be nicer with more adjustment but heck that might make it even shakier while riding..

$35 or there about it works it installs easy and it completes the requirements for street legal here in Idaho..
I spent maybe $15 on a horn and $35 on this so I am at $50 and I am good, saved over $50 from the Dealers quote for a Street Legal kit and it took maybe 30 minutes time for both.. Also I liked my Horn install setup much better then their idea...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did an exhaustive research and end up with the Seizmik model #18050. It is a SOLID product and accomplishes all the things that folks are looking for in a rear view mirror; stays in place, easy to install, clamps easily on roll cage regardless of any type of windshield or roof installed, can be easily unscrewed if you are concerned that trailing it may catch wind, etc). Go to the link below. You can purchase from any of the resellers Seizmik mentions on their site for around $40.

Welcome to Seizmik

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bad Dawg Accessories 1.75" Universal Utility Mirror. Rear View or Side View. Fits Ranger-Rhino-Gator-RZR. 693-3550-00.
Got it from Amazon for $17.35 and free shipping. Works for what I need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts