Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
just tested removing my back window this past weekend in the dry dirt roads. I have a full front glass and full rear glass. after removing the rear glass the internal wind was waaaay worse, kept forcing dirt in my eyes. put the window back in and its waay better. less turbulence in the cab, less dust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rear Glass and Plug the Holes

I just got an XP 900 - front and back glass, no doors. Put the machine to work and noticed immediately a lot of dust / debris coming in from behind the seats. Got to work plugging, sealing, taping all the various openings. Gave it a test drive and noted a significant reduction in the cab dust. Now I see what dust / debris that is coming into the cab is from the lower door openings as blow in off the front wheels; this I will accept as the trade off for not using doors. There is a cab seal kit option - its about $285 and you need to disassemble a lot of stuff. The kit does address the front openings... which in my effort did not. I used a combination of Gorilla tape and black silicon caulk to seal up the gap under / behind the seats. Noted in the factory cab seal kit video, the spots where they did not fill in with the cut foam pieces, they taped them. For $20 in tape and caulk, I thought I'd give it the DIY seal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That’s sweet glad to hear gorilla tape and silicone worked that was going to be my next plan to tackle the dust. Although I didn’t know there was a cab seal kit i assume that is from Polaris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Follow Up

I just got an XP 900 - front and back glass, no doors. Put the machine to work and noticed immediately a lot of dust / debris coming in from behind the seats. Got to work plugging, sealing, taping all the various openings. Gave it a test drive and noted a significant reduction in the cab dust. Now I see what dust / debris that is coming into the cab is from the lower door openings as blow in off the front wheels; this I will accept as the trade off for not using doors. There is a cab seal kit option - its about $285 and you need to disassemble a lot of stuff. The kit does address the front openings... which in my effort did not. I used a combination of Gorilla tape and black silicon caulk to seal up the gap under / behind the seats. Noted in the factory cab seal kit video, the spots where they did not fill in with the cut foam pieces, they taped them. For $20 in tape and caulk, I thought I'd give it the DIY seal.
Follow-up to my earlier post .. now that I have several days of use experience - can confirm the work to plug / seal the rear openings definitely helps. I will now check on those front openings and see if I can make any further dust reduction. Still no doors and no intention of installing any. I'm not trail riding or doing high speed runs - driving around the farm and jumping off / into the machine and driving on to the next job; I think doors would be in my way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts