Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the recall regarding the accelerator pedal switch? Has anyone actually had a problem with an EV accelerating out-of-control? How long does it take for the dealer to install one? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The recall fix involves cutting two of the wires leading to the accelerator pedal, swapping them, and re-crimping them back together. It took me about an hour or so to complete. I live far away from any Polaris dealers so they sent me the kit and instructions for me to perform myself.

I wasn't seeing any out-of-control accelerating, but I was seeing the wrench fault light and 6 flashes on the controller, which can be related to accelerator pedal issue.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The recall fix involves cutting two of the wires leading to the accelerator pedal, swapping them, and re-crimping them back together. It took me about an hour or so to complete. I live far away from any Polaris dealers so they sent me the kit and instructions for me to perform myself.

I wasn't seeing any out-of-control accelerating, but I was seeing the wrench fault light and 6 flashes on the controller, which can be related to accelerator pedal issue.

Do you still have the instructions? Would be good to see what they were doing.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Do you still have the instructions? Would be good to see what they were doing.
Yes I’m sure there are some who aren’t aware of the recall

·
Registered
407 Posts
looks like signal 2 and gnd swapped. Its interesting they worked at all. The two throttle signals are supposed to be read in tandem to ensure 0 is obtained. So they dont use a 0 position stop switch as you do with the Curtis controllers.

a Signal 1
b Gnd 1
c +5v
d +5v
e Signal 2
f Gnd 2

I guess if the sevcon is only looking at 0 rather than the whole range if movement then the controller would see 0v as the gnd would be just that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Attached are the first three pages of the instructions as I received them. Included were two metal crimp tubes, two heat-shrink tubing sections, and a roll of wire tape.
Thank you for all this info. Now I have something to tell my Polaris dealer, who's many miles of bad road away from where I live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts