Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the bed off to check my intake connections again and I noticed that the throttle body does not fit on the boots as well as I would want it. They fit but they do not push up to the base, they are on just enough for the clamps to hold them on. I looked at the air box and decided to move it to the right side of the bracket. Now it fits snug and the boots are not trying to pull themselves off. Was mine installed wrong from the factory or did I stumble on to something here? Please check the pics of the box and bracket and tell me.

Before

After

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Posted by Throttleout:
Just went and looked through the service manual to see if I could find a pic that shows how its should be mounted (or should I say how they had it when they wrote the service manual) and I found one pic that shows it clearly on page 3.19

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yep! I saw this over at PRC yesterday and immediately went to check mine out.

This could have alot to do with all the air box chatter I have read over the past 8 months if it happens often at the factory.

Mine is right and I have about worn out my lid clips from constant checking of the filter. No dust past my filter at all so far and all connections are tight.

I pretty much stay out of those threads because I still can't see how some of the pics I've seen with dust in the throttle body can be possible if there is no breach in any of the connections and the filter is solid with no holes or collapsed area.

I did find a bunch of leaves in my canister after the fall hunting season and figured a tree might sprout this spring but past the filter element was clean and shinny.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts