Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ranger owners. I bought a new 2019 570 mid base model which I love mostly. I use it for plowing snow mostly and some yard work and maybe some trail riding this summer. I see today that those stock tires are not the greatest for traction when plowing. What are you guys recommending for replacement tires that would be great in snow and still decent all season? Would be replacing wheels too just to dress it up too. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased Sedona Rockabilly, they wear good as I drive on chipseal paved roads they do fine in snow and off road I have not done a lot of muddling accept for trails( no mud Boggs) purchased from 2WHEEL.com , free shipping , ordered on a wednesday arrived noon on Friday I will buy again

·
Registered
221 Posts

Ive had great luck with the Mongrel tires and wheels....snow and pavement and trails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the MSA M26 Vibe and the EFX MotoForce tires on my 2018 Midsize 570.

14x7 inch wheels all around.
26"x8" front.
26"x10" rear.

I did tons and tons of research and picked this combo for several reasons...
~This set of wheels and tires are nearly the same weight as the stock wheels and tires which keeps the unsprung weight to a minimum, compared to stock
~These are labeled "all terrain" tires which, in North Carolina, is all that I need.
~My 570 does not have EPS and it came with oversize wheels and tires which made steering it a bear.

It steers well, no loss of power from big wheels and tires, I love the look.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! What is the weight of a factory wheel/tire combo ? So a 26 on 14 is the same as 26 on a 12 for height. Just more rim and less sidewall? You don’t have any rubbing and no lift or wheel spacers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice! What is the weight of a factory wheel/tire combo ? So a 26 on 14 is the same as 26 on a 12 for height. Just more rim and less sidewall? You don’t have any rubbing and no lift or wheel spacers?
I guess I should have given a little more background on my vehicle.

I bought it used and it had these wheels and tires on it when I got it....
ranger 2.jpg

These are aluminum 15x7s also and weigh a whopping 51 pounds per tire and wheel.
The tires are 28x10x15 inches.
They scrubbed on every turn, especially under hard(fun) driving conditions.

The stock wheels are steel and the 4 wheels and tires together weighed 143 lbs.
The 1st set of aluminum wheels and tires, pictured above, together weighed 204 lbs.
The current set of 4 aluminum wheels and tires weigh 146bs.

Arguably, nearly 60 pounds of unsprung weight is equivalent to almost 120 pounds of payload weight.

Back to my original thoughts...

My kids can drive it now, my wife enjoys driving it now, and it doesn't sound like it's dragging the ground when I make a turn!
The handling is much improved, the steering light and quick, and nothing is getting trashed in the process.

No rubbing.
No spacers.
No lift kit.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Midsize; 2.5" custom lift; 27x14 Sedona Rip-Saw R/T & MSA M23 Battle wheels
17 Posts
I have had the Sedona Rip-Saw R/Ts. For a couple years now. I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Take your stimilious check Notnowgus and drop your rig off at the dealer with your check and have the EPS installed. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had a set of ITP Bajacross tires installed and they seem to be a great all around tire. They are also a 6-ply tire and the tread wear it supposed to be really good. I went with 26" sized tires on my 570 midsize and they look great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m not a tire guy. Can I get taller tires for my 570 to get more clearance that will still fit my factory wheels? A lift only raises the body, this time of year I need my skid plates to be a few more inches above remaining snow drifts so I don’t get high centered. Thx

·
Registered
20 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very Nice! I have the same ---570 midsize--and wondering if your set-up would fit on a 5 x 10 trailer. My stock wheel set-up has about 4" (2" per side") of room-- then it will rub. I'd love to get new tires but don't want to buy a bigger trailer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts