Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here I have a 2019 ranger 500 And would like to wire up a couple reverse lights but I am confused on what and where the reverse light/beeper wires would be for this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
174 Posts
Newbie here I have a 2019 ranger 500 And would like to wire up a couple reverse lights but I am confused on what and where the reverse light/beeper wires would be for this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated

The reverse light wires are under the bed. Follow the wires along the frame and they are about half way under the bed. Took these from someone else but here they are. Now for the bad news. I personally wouldn’t hook a light directly to them. I did on mine and they stay on quite a bit. You need to run a relay then it will work perfect. Mine stay on and are dim when not in reverse. I unplugged them until I can get time to run it with a relay. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply liftedpsd2010
I've searched and searched and i can't seem to find anything remotely close to that picture. Polaris must of changed
things for 2019 Ranger 500?
Maybe someone will chime in that has found them wires on this model.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for the reply liftedpsd2010

I've searched and searched and i can't seem to find anything remotely close to that picture. Polaris must of changed

things for 2019 Ranger 500?

Maybe someone will chime in that has found them wires on this model.

Yea it’s possible it’s not there in the 500s I know for sure it’s there on the 900s and 1000s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
The wire is live cause its hooked in with tail lights, when you place your rig in reverse the wire with "nothing" becomes a ground and your reverse lights will come on

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had to purchase the reverse beeper kit (ebay) and run it into the ECM on my 19 570. Then i used those wires to set up the reverse lights and camera through a relay. If no relay is used, the lights will stay dim when not in reverse. I do not remeber the way I set up the wiring, it took me a bit to get it right. I think it was due to the fact that the ground gives it power. Hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: I was messing with those wires and my check engine light came?. Code 746-5 turf mode driver. Idk. Put wires back the way I found them / hit the key on/off real fast to clear the code. All is good ?.
Ordered beeper kit on eBay and will keep everyone posted. Thanks for the input??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys received the beeper kit today
I installed the backup beeper per instructions but beeper doesn’t beep.
I have 12v at red wire on harness with/without key on.
If you have any ideas please chime in. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Ranger has backup lights, backup beeper, and backup camera. I know what you all are thinking, WHY?
Well why not...i was in there i might as well have it all. If the beeper gets on my nerves ill just unplug it. Anyways i plugged into the #45 pin on the WRONG ECU plug there are 2 and its the inside plug. The almost useless Polaris instructions make it look like the outside plug is the one to use but NO. I did some forum surfing and found out i was not the only one that ran into this problem. All is good to go and thanks to all for your input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I was lucky and figured out the ecu plug issue beforehand. I wired my beeper to a switch, as I don't need it for plowing and such. But it's a great safety feature, along with my lights, for when I'm in a crowd, or kids are around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After backing up a few times it reminds me of a garbage truck so out gos the beeper.
Really like the reverse lights and backup camera. BUT, the camera picture is kinda fuzzy and from what I’ve read I need a couple relays wired in. Can someone please help me with what wires go where on a 4 pin relay. I just can’t seem to understand the whole relay thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi im new here i have a 2017 ranger 570-6 that 8m trying to install a backup light but i cant find the 2 cables on mine can anyone help me out?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts