Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Polaris Ranger XP 900.0 having trouble getting out the roll pin in the yoke. I heard of people drilling them out wondering if this is a good idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An air hammer muffler tool will usually push them right out.
thanks
I cant get my hands on a air hammer.any other ideas for me.also was wondering does it matter what side to hit oouti have been hammering away . Using a big hammer and a roll pin tool that is yhe right size.but it wont seem to move.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try putting some heat to it and then soak it with penetrating oil like PB Blaster. The heat will draw the fluid in. If all else fails, drill the damn thing out. Everyone uses a nut and bolt to replace the stupid pin once out anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try putting some heat to it and then soak it with penetrating oil like PB Blaster. The heat will draw the fluid in. If all else fails, drill the damn thing out. Everyone uses a nut and bolt to replace the stupid pin once out anyway.
Thanks i did as you suggest . Heated it up.took a bit .but got it out. Now just hammering away trying to get the yoke off the diff.its being stubborn aswell.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Seriously, penetrating oil is your friend here. Slightly heat, and spray. It may take a couple of days. But patient's will win in the end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously, penetrating oil is your friend here. Slightly heat, and spray. It may take a couple of days. But patient's will win in the end.
Thanks
I will let you know how i make out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts