Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I can make one like mine for 175.00 plus shipping. It is 16 gauge steel checker plate, with all the edges bent down. It is easy to bolt onto the factory cage. I don't have a clue on the shipping but would think it could be around 40.00

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought a cheap one from Bass Pro Shop, I think it was 50 bucks, Had it for 5 months, It has a little wind damage from the highway winds and holds water when it rains. But hey it was 50 dollars

·
Registered
6 Posts
go to a metal shop that has aluminum and get a 3/16 by 5ft by 3ft sheet of aluminum they will be able to get you that size, go to wall mart and buy some cheap rhino liner type paint, set teh roof on top of you ranger with an overhang in the front and the rear mark where you need to drill. you can get the clamps to secure it at your local dealer (it was no charge since i bought from them) i would get 6 do the corners and front and back middle (front if you dont have windsheild other wise just the back. get some weather stripping to put between your cage and the aluminum and you are set. Its is really easy if you have a drill. hope i didnt over-simplify. the total coast was about $100 for an awsome metal roof that is tuff as nails and lighter that steel.

·
Registered
75 Posts
that is what i done with 18ga sheet metal. it is strong enough that i can stand on the roof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts