Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a 2015 Ranger 570 and know nothing about it, hoping you guys could answer a few questions. I keep this at the lake and primarily use it for running through the neighborhood which is paved. I run in HIGH but not sure if I should be running in single, dual, or 4WD. The RPM's seem high in all three (this may be normal). Sometimes I will run off road down to the water then I use 4WD in low.
Just want to make sure when I'm running on the pavement I'm running in the right setup and not damaging anything.
Thanks for the info....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply johnollis, what's a situation where I would run in single wheel?

And the high RPM's is normal?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turf mode??
I have a 3-way toggle switch showing 1WD - 2WD - 4WD.
Sorry guys, I'm a 60 year old guy with a new toy, and know nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
It's not one wheel drive, it's called turf mode. It's like a limited slip, it applies power to the wheel that needs it the most, therefore keeping it from tearing your yard up. But it is also the weakest link in the bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what kind of top I have on my ranger (came with it) but appears to have screw holes and a couple compartments. What kind of accessories are available to mount under the top?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You probably need to push the bottom of the selector button. This is usually 1WD or Turf Mode. As others have said, it makes the rear end an open differential, like most cars. This is the preferred drive mode for hard surfaces.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nichboy,
You'll want to change between low and high according to your speed. If you are running say 15-20 mph or less, run in low. If you are running above 15 mph run in high. It will sabve you big on maint.
As far as the 1, 2 or 4 wd. Use one to make sharp turns for sure, you will see the difference in your turning radius btwn 1 and 2wd. As mentioned here, you rarely need 4 or even 2wd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts