Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share some info for those that haven't seen this already...

The "express method" to removing the bed, in 7 easy steps:

Tools needed:
1.) Cordless drill/driver with a ¼" drive adapter chucked in it or a cordless impact driver if you have one in your tool arsenal.
2.) #27 ¼" drive torx bit.
3.) ¼" drive ½" socket.
4.) Pliers from the RZR tool kit.

1.) Remove the seats.
2.) Using the drill/driver with the #27 torx bit, remove the 4 #27 torx bolts on the frame rail behind the seats. All 4 are the same length. Then;
3.) Remove the 4 #27 torx bolts around the exhaust leaving the 2 near the tail lights attached. These 4 are of different sizes, 2 short on top and 2 long ones on the bottom.
4.) Using the drill driver, switch the #27 torx bit with the ½" socket and remove the 4 ½" hex head bolts in the center of the bed.
5.) Using the pliers that came in the tool kit, remove the 6 rivets that hold the rear ¼ panels to the rocker panels, the barbed ones don't need to come out, the ¼ panels are slotted and just slip out.
6.) Unplug the rear lights at the connector found just behind the driver seat under the bed.
7.) Stand behind the RZR and grab the rails on top of the right and left sides pulling up and back at the same time and the whole assembly comes off then just set it on the grass. Its fairly light and easily done by yourself.

After removing the bed, there is a square aluminum plate (heatsheild) just laying on the frame rails. Be sure NOT to forget this plate during reassembly and plugging the lights into the harness.

Reinstall in reverse order.

Removing the bed in this manner takes less that 3 minutes when using a cordless drill/driver (about 5-6 minutes manually) and makes washing under the bed and the top of the engine a real breeze. It also allows you easy access to the CVT exhaust port so you can seal it up preventing water ingestion in the CVT during washing.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Seats are quick release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I am going to have to remove mine. What happens to the air intake? Doesn't it seal off to the back of the cargo bed?

Thanks,
Rodney

1 - 6 of 6 Posts