Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added this Polaris plow system to mine and my brothers RZRs.

I was never a big fan of plows on ATVs because the frames always ended up being lower then the lowest point on the machine and taking away valuable clearance.

Polaris finally got it right with the new system!

After the very simple install I have to admit this appears to be a very well though out system.

I will get a chance to try it out in the morning as we are scheduled to get 8-12" of fresh snow tonight.

I went with the 56" one way blade with the top rubber deflector and all parts and pieces fit perfect and went on about as easy as I could imagine. The instructions that came with it are about the standard we see these days and leave alot to the imagination. Most will be able to figure it out easy enough and should have no real problems.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the best I can do right now as it is just starting to snow.

The actual mount is held on with 4 bolts. Two under neath where the brush guard is also fastened and two just under the roller fairlead of the winch. It does not in any way reduce underside clearance and the mount bracket can remain in place all summer long.

A simple pull on the blue cord and the plow is off and you can drive right up to it and have it back on in seconds.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Calm down there Bigdog! Thats the storage shed and I wish I could get it cleaned out but then the garage would be loaded with tools and supplies.

I keep trying to convince the wife I need a nice metal building and she is convinced it would just make more room for more tools and stuff. :tickedoff:

Gary

·
Registered
507 Posts
Are you sure you got the plow for snow? or is it to clean out you shed :2funny:

Actually its not funny, looks about like my shed.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, You guys are tuff bunch for sure! :)

I always thought a SHED was a place to store summer stuff in the winter and winter stuff in the summer.

It is actually quite orderly except that it could use being twice the size!

Gary

·
Registered
373 Posts
You could alway phot shop it out and put a Corvette in the back ground.

Thats enough goofing of on this post...BAck on topic or I'll give you all negitive points. :uglystupid2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
RZR Glacier Plow

GRAZOR,
Much appreciate the Pics of your plow install. Trying to do one myself. Was wondering do you have the top of the plow mounting plate bolted onto the front bumper as there doesn't seem to be any available holes that line up? Also did you have to cut away the plastic front cowling?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts