Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this issue?

I just noticed that my rear sway bar is flopping in the breeze on the drivers side. Don't know how this happened but a new bar is on order now. It appears to have broken inside the tube and separated on the drivers side.

My RZR has about 400 miles on it and none are hard miles as my machine is used mainly for snow plowing and slow running in the woods to my hunting areas. I could understand this failure if I was hotrodding and trying to catch air with it but this is surely not the case. All the other suspension components seem to be in good working order with no visible flex or play in them. The bar is a hollow tube with a hollow torsion bar going through it and it just appears to be of substandard strength when you get in to some off camber situations.

Any opinions?

I also have the full 5 year extended Polaris warranty I have never yet used and will soon find out if Polaris will cover this repair. More to follow when the part comes in to the dealer and I take it in for the install.

Gary

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone else have this issue?

I just noticed that my rear sway bar is flopping in the breeze on the drivers side. Don't know how this happened but a new bar is on order now. It appears to have broken inside the tube and separated on the drivers side.

My RZR has about 400 miles on it and none are hard miles as my machine is used mainly for snow plowing and slow running in the woods to my hunting areas. I could understand this failure if I was hotrodding and trying to catch air with it but this is surely not the case. All the other suspension components seem to be in good working order with no visible flex or play in them. The bar is a hollow tube with a hollow torsion bar going through it and it just appears to be of substandard strength when you get in to some off camber situations.

Any opinions?

I also have the full 5 year extended Polaris warranty I have never yet used and will soon find out if Polaris will cover this repair. More to follow when the part comes in to the dealer and I take it in for the install.

Gary
Same with my 2019 Northstar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts