Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for their storage box on their RZR? I looked at the Polaris L&R box today. It is really nice, but is very small and expensive for the size.

·
Registered
635 Posts
When you say you looked at it do you mean physically. i have one on both our RZR's and we put everything I mean everything in them I think they are much bigger than they look. lately I've been carrying all the tools and such and she carries all the extra clothes and food, I will say that I hope the four holes in the top are for a lock and ride cooler to mount on top of it..
I don't have any close-ups

·
Registered
15 Posts
i agree i have the l&r box its pretty big i dont want to carry much more than it holds

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I stopped my the dealer yesterday, and they had one mounted on a RZR. I thought it was small. I don't believe they make different sizes. I guess I am just used to all of the storage I have on my King Quad.

·
Registered
635 Posts
One more thought about the polaris box, if you want it to be water proof which it is capable of, you'll need to plug the drain hole in the bottom or when you wash the rzr it will fill the box from the bottom up...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm a cheap old coot and just made a platform for the old one I had on my Sportsman. Works great, has plenty of room and even leaves enough bed space for my dog to ride in when we all go out.

Gary

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nope still can't see the box oh well look at the view instead..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My brother has the Polaris L&R box. He likes it fine but admits mine has more room and easier access for what we need.
He also has the gun scabbards attached to the rack for the spare tire. when it is all in place you can't open the box with the spare tire and gun cases.

I'm not too sure mine would work any better but I like it just the way I have it.

Pay attention to your view when backing up and I think the L&R box is better for your view!

Gary

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a good point Grazor. If you get too big then you cannot see behind you. I will have to look at the Polaris box again and get some measurements. It might be bigger than it appears.

·
Registered
635 Posts
uh oh I smell a new accessory, how about a back-up camera.....

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Code said:
Hey, that would be cool. Then I could watch everyone eat my dust ;D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
2005DMAX said:
Code said:
Hey, that would be cool. Then I could watch everyone eat my dust ;D
I think you mean SNOW right about now and I was out for a little yesterday and put the RZR in dry dock for a while after that miserable and very cold ride!
I think even with a full cab and heater I would have froze!

Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts