Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the CAN hardware to talk to the Sevcon controller, but I would like to get a copy of the SEVCON DVT saoftware, if anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have need to talk to a Gen4 controller.
I have found a copy of the old software... but what I've also found is that the issue is not finding the old software, but finding the right cable. The newest software from Sevcon needs a key and a new version of the cable. The older software does not require a key, but it does require the older IXXAT cable. The older ixxat cables are apparently hard to find.

Let me know if you still want a copy of the old software ;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sevcon DVT

Hi
I would very much appreciate a copy of the older version. I have the ixxat device that should be OK. Apparently the latest version of DVT requires a specific dongle, so is even more restricted. I could PM you with an email address if thats any assistance.
Many thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi
I would very much appreciate a copy of the older version. I have the ixxat device that should be OK. Apparently the latest version of DVT requires a specific dongle, so is even more restricted. I could PM you with an email address if thats any assistance.
Many thanks
Check your PM ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
sevcon

Hi, do You have the old Sevcon software for Gen4? I have old IXXXAT converter and maybe it will be great for my Twizy. I read that it is possible to increase speed limit byt it is necessary to have DVTC.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, do You have the old Sevcon software for Gen4? I have old IXXXAT converter and maybe it will be great for my Twizy. I read that it is possible to increase speed limit byt it is necessary to have DVTC.
Check your PM ;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the UK its the issues with Twizy mods that have forced Sevcon to clamp down on how they supply the software. Renault are aparently very twitchy after a German chap showed Videos on line of his Twizy doing significantly faster sppeds after he had re programmed it, they are now very concerned about product liability , hence the clamp down.
In the UK Sevcon wont sell the software , unless you ahve had their training (about £2000) and they only do the training infrequently (could be 6 months or a year) so in effect, they are saying go away. And I work in the industry.
There is aparently some issues with the latest version of the software which Im told requires not only a specific version of the IXXAT, but an extra Dongle, not sure how true that is though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
old software

Dear all.
Please may I have old version of the SEVCON DVT software too?
I have the old IXXAT USB-to-CAN V1.6 1.01.0087.10100 but I cannot find Sevcon DVT Customer software anywhere on internet.
Thank you. Kind regards Jaros.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dear all.
Please may I have old version of the SEVCON DVT software too?
I have the old IXXAT USB-to-CAN V1.6 1.01.0087.10100 but I cannot find Sevcon DVT Customer software anywhere on internet.
Thank you. Kind regards Jaros.
Check your PM ;) 0:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello SyCo.

You are a STAR. Thank you very much.
If I can help you with anything (Colchester-Harrison lathes, Pratt Burnerd chucks...) then please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried connecting to the Twizy some months ago, but couldnt get DVT to function. I could see can traffic, but couldnt connect. I recently connected to the Polaris Gen 4, but not immediately. The trick is to get the baud rate correct (obvious but a bit of guess work or lots of tries) but the mini mon sotware that came with the IXXAT does a Baud rate check on its own so showing what rate to use. Makes life simpler. no more guess work.
I havnt gone back and looked at the Twizy.
So that I can easily connect the IXXAT to a Gen4, I have made a very short (6in) 35way jump out cable joining a 35 M to a 35 F and broken out of the can lines with a serial connector for the IXXAT to connect to. Works a treat, its now also got a 4 way Molex on it so I can use it on Curtis kit as well , now a very useful cable. I deliberately kept the cable short to minimise any external signal pick up, although a longer cable would make use oin confined spaces a bit easier allowing the lead to loop and make the connection between the controller and its main 35w connection.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not that I am awre of. And some versions of IXXAT wont work with the early software. Later DVT is more complex on the licence front so isnt of use anyway without a fully licenced version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys

I need the old version of Sevcon DVT, could you help me? Do you know if the Peak USB/CAN adapter works with this software?

Thanks ;)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts