Polaris Ranger Forum banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone that has a copy of the software, please send it along. Our Ranger is giving us some trouble so we'd like to get details on how to do this. I'd also happily do up a guide on how to connect to a Sevcon to make it all easier for you to play around.

We built a Tesla-powered Lotus Evora, so hopefully we can handle this!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone used a non-IXAAT on this? I have a 2010 and the old software (SyCo you are awesome).

The IXAATs are very expensive and they don't give the model number generally on ebay, so they might not work per GrumpyB.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
DVT only works with IXXAT Its the Compact d sub 9, you can get then with RJ45 connector but I find the 9 pin D sub much more usable. If its a compact, even an older version should be OK. part 1.01.0281.12001 is the current part. I will have a look at the model number on my two and add those numbers.

I have no idea about the PC card versions, but can see no reason why they wouldnt work. But its not fun lugging a full blown PC around and setting it up. I only now use 32bit netbooks on either Windows XP or windows 7. Small, portable and adequate for this use. To connect to the Gen 4, I have a break out cable, with all 35pins connected to a plug and socket, and flying leads with dsub 9 pin connected to the can cables, and also I have other connections that I use on the Curtis controllers. This means I can unplug a controller plug on my lead and plug it back to the vehicle, so I can continue to operate it and get at the data.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I have just dug in my pockets for a years licence on the latest licenced version. It has advantages of working fully with the later controllers. Apparently there are some restrictions in the earlier DVT with some post 2014 controllers. A pain to install on 32bit windows 7 and by all acounts has a problem with WIndows 10, but thats not an issue for me, I use it with Netbooks and WIndows 7 starter. Each install generates a long mixed txt/ number string. SEVCON then creates a file based on that. The file is loaded on the PC and the DVT told where the file is located. Just not possible to duplicate or reuse. Some useful improvements on the older version. Still IXXAT dependant. But works OK with the IXXATs that I use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear all.
Please may I have old version of the SEVCON DVT software ?
I have the IXXAT USB-to-CAN V1.6 DB9 but I cannot find Sevcon DVT Customer software anywhere on internet.
Thank you. Kind regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just started with a new project and bought the IXXAT Chinese Clone with should be similar to the hard to find USB-to-CAN v1.01.0087.10200
I want to test this USB-to-CAN with an old Sevcon DVT Software.
Can anybody share a copy with me? Will keep you posted about the results of connecting the USB-to-CAN clone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Please help me to find old vesrion of DVT software, I have Sevcon gen4 and need check out why not working..
Thank you

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Good, you should be ok, I now only have the latest licenced copy ( I have to renew it annually). So I cant assist.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Yes the activation key is a once only use very long key code. I have two Netbooks with the software and have two very different key codes. Both separately supplied from my Sevcon Dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I managed to download DVT new version - but I dont like when access is terminated after 1 year, in future sevcon can charge us for software and put some limitations, or no access to older controllers...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 · (Edited)
GrumpyB will help you, reach out to him ;)

Not sure I understand why you have made the above comment. As you know that mine is a licenced version .

My SEVCON DVT is now a fully licenced version and unless you pay for a licence, it cant be loaded. Each install needs a separate licence. So both mine have a separate install script supplied as part of my licence payment. This has to be renewed annually, and a new code used on each install. I have explained this previously.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts