Polaris Ranger Forum banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure I understand why you have made the above comment. As you know that mine is a licenced version .

My SEVCON DVT is now a fully licenced version and unless you pay for a licence, it cant be loaded. Each install needs a separate licence. So both mine have a separate install script supplied as part of my licence payment. This has to be renewed annually, and a new code used on each install. I have explained this previously.
i have managed to bypass the licence on the older software so all i need is the install for the latest software and i might be able to get there. :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Sorry but as a business user of this I cant risk being blocked when I go to renew my licence for having supplied it to others.
There isnt a lot of difference with the older version (I did have the original unlicenced version, not the subsequent licenced version) There isnt much you cant do with the older one , you cant do with the latest.

I needed to go legit as I have dealings with a UK Sevcon supplier, and a Dutch commercial installer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not sure I understand why you have made the above comment. As you know that mine is a licenced version .

My SEVCON DVT is now a fully licenced version and unless you pay for a licence, it cant be loaded. Each install needs a separate licence. So both mine have a separate install script supplied as part of my licence payment. This has to be renewed annually, and a new code used on each install. I have explained this previously.
I was being sarcastic of course, as I know your main purpose here is self-promotion. But in all seriousness though, one just needs to go to the first page of this thread to see that you were the first person to ask and to receive the old version in question. I guess it's not in your nature to extend the good things people do for you, because you're... "a business."

·
Super Moderator
458 Posts
First Warning

I was being sarcastic of course, as I know your main purpose here is self-promotion. But in all seriousness though, one just needs to go to the first page of this thread to see that you were the first person to ask and to receive the old version in question. I guess it's not in your nature to extend the good things people do for you, because you're... "a business."

This forum has posted guidelines one of which is: "Respect other members. Do not flame, badger, disrespect or taunt anyone on the forums. This also goes for our Supporting Vendors as well. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close it or delete it. You can, and will be banned if you continue this type of behavior. The off road community is an awesome group of people who generally want to learn, develop and expand, so we don't expect this will be a problem."

This thread will be closed if personal insults (this is my characterization of your comments) continue.

NOTE: The Polaris Ranger Forums Net does not condone, support or facilitate violation of licenses, or other copy righted materials.

·
Registered
204 Posts
This forum has posted guidelines one of which is: "Respect other members. Do not flame, badger, disrespect or taunt anyone on the forums. This also goes for our Supporting Vendors as well. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close it or delete it. You can, and will be banned if you continue this type of behavior. The off road community is an awesome group of people who generally want to learn, develop and expand, so we don't expect this will be a problem."

This thread will be closed if personal insults (this is my characterization of your comments) continue.

NOTE: The Polaris Ranger Forums Net does not condone, support or facilitate violation of licenses, or other copy righted materials.
Moving forward, If I see incompetence disguised as expertise, or outright douchery, I will call it out. If that gets me banned, so be it :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Yes I started this thread, and SYCO kindly let me have a copy of the unlicenced software. I have moved on and now use the DVT as part of my business, therefore I have paid out to get a fully licenced copy (Different to the unlicenced version). The latest version of which is PC specific, and annually re licenced separately to each PC for which I pay every year.

Yes I run a business here in the UK and as such my use of the DVT software is important and I have signed a contract for the Licence with my supplier.

I do not wish to damage my commercial position with my supplier by supplying copies of the software, which I have agreed not to do. Its unlikely that anyone would be able to crack the staggeringly long and complex script which is completely different on every install. But thats not the point, I have agreed not to supply it, and have no right to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just upgraded from a Windows 7 laptop that ran the DVT software well. I upgraded to a Windows 10 Pro laptop and I'm not having any luck running the same software on the new computer. I'm fairly certain that it has something to do with the ActiveTcl, version 8.4.19.2.291226, Sep 21, 2009 NOT working on this newer laptop. I keep getting script errors after going through the installation.

Has anyone else had this same issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I was informed that even the latest Licenced version that I purchased, wont run on Windows 10. I run on WIndows 7, 32bit on Netbooks, they are easier to use on site than a full size lap top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings all!
I'm obviously a new guy; this thread was enough to motivate me to hop in the discussion.
Bottom-line-up-front: is anyone willing to share a copy of the old unlicensed DVT software, and is there a decent seller of the old IXXAT adapters anywhere?
Background: I'm an engineering student working on building a go kart to race in Purdue's EV Grand Prix this April. We've got a motor/sevcon G4 pre-programmed set from ElectricMotorsport. My race team dearly wants to adjust the pre-programmed settings on the controller to maximize the performance of our rig to the race power regulations, but shovelling out $900 more for the new annually renewable software is a bit beyond our budget at the moment. Thus, scrounging up the old software/old IXXAT cable is an extremely attractive option for the effective net cost of buying one of Sevcon's "Clearview" displays. @SyCo and @DavidBi, would either of you be able to assist here?
Cheers!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Here in the UK The IXXAT device is under £250, and the annual DVT licence fee is not a lot. The licence comes from my Sevcon dealer. Cost seems to be dependent on your business with them and the potential for sales. They can also supply new IXXAT can compact (I didnt buy mine from them). But total is nowhere near the $900 amount suggested. There are a couple on Ebay right now for well under $200.
The licence is an annual thing and the software requires a new key each year. Its also a staggeringly long text file of seemingly (but obviously not)random characters, this is then somehow confirmed with Sevcon for current validity. Each can only be used once, both of my installations had different specific scripts to use. If I have to re build the laptop then I also have to re licence. I believe there are also issues with using on WIndows 10, I run on WIndows 7 starter (32bit) on Samsung netbooks. Cheap/ almost disposable and perfect for site work and having on the seat in the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the quick response and the info @Grumpyb. Very good to hear that the renewal fee and the latest IXXAT dongles aren't too spendy. If all else fails, we might spring for the new stuff...
However, paying $900 up front to a dealer is still something of a financial kick in balls, and it would be nice to avoid that if the old-school DVT software is still out there and compatible with a Gen 4 purchased this year from Electric Motorsport (I don't know off-hand exactly what year our model was manufactured...).

Here's the link to the new IXXAT/DVT combo that I'm trying dearly to avoid purchasing: Sevcon Gen4 IXXAT Interface and DVT Software

Frankly, I'm all ears if anyone else has any cheaper solutions than that, but to the best of my knowledge at the moment, it appears that a free copy of the old unlicensed DVT and old IXXAT would be something of a godsend if @SyCo, @DavidBi, or anyone who still has a copy are still active at all.

Cheers!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Contact Borg Warner, who now own Sevcon. If this has educational purposes, they may be able to assist. BW will not support anyone through the Automitive division, they only deal with OEMS. The non Automotive use is supported by sevcon dealers, who(as it was explained to me) officially dont get Automotive products, so dont pose a risk to OEM users. I dont get that , but its an approach that does allow us access to devices. That does mean you would be reliant on having a helpful and cooperative dealer. But do contact BW.
I have a project underway in the UK that will be using Gen 4 /5 high voltage units, and these will be sourced from the dealer. Officially they wont be Automotive Parts. But they are in reality the same product. We have already imported some from the Netherlands ready to run with a specific high voltage motor / Pack. Dealing with Sevcon Products is now a lot harder since being taken over by BW. DOnt forget Sevcon was originally a UK company, but not any more, its now restricted by US BorgWarner large corporate thinking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I might be a bit late but i am also trying to get my hands on that dvt software to program my sevcon gen 4 controler. Anyone can help me out pleease? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
any chance i could also get a copy of the dvt software please? i will happily get my own dongle when the time arrises and i will host the software somewhere else. pm please.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, searching for the old Sevcon DVT version that works with Ixxat V1.5 interface. Can someone please share a copy or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

101 - 120 of 130 Posts