Polaris Ranger Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I just found this, may I also get a link to the old DVT software? I have a Dragon 8 I'm looking to play with

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi I just found this, may I also get a link to the old DVT software? I have a Dragon 8 I'm looking to play with
What is Dragon 8 ?
To modify specifications of Sevcon for Ranger EV, need also Motor configuration file ? or only DVT software is enough ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the quick response and the info @Grumpyb. Very good to hear that the renewal fee and the latest IXXAT dongles aren't too spendy. If all else fails, we might spring for the new stuff...
However, paying $900 up front to a dealer is still something of a financial kick in balls, and it would be nice to avoid that if the old-school DVT software is still out there and compatible with a Gen 4 purchased this year from Electric Motorsport (I don't know off-hand exactly what year our model was manufactured...).

Here's the link to the new IXXAT/DVT combo that I'm trying dearly to avoid purchasing: Sevcon Gen4 IXXAT Interface and DVT Software

Frankly, I'm all ears if anyone else has any cheaper solutions than that, but to the best of my knowledge at the moment, it appears that a free copy of the old unlicensed DVT and old IXXAT would be something of a godsend if @SyCo, @DavidBi, or anyone who still has a copy are still active at all.

Cheers!
Hi Guys

Is anyone still around that could point me in the right direction for the old DVT software please?

Dickie

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to solve the hardware problem before. any ideas ?
Hey Astro, I may have an adaptor coming with the set up I have bought. A lot of boxes of gear in a job lot.

But if I don't do you have a suggestion for that? Any help appreciated. The Sevcon unit I've bought is a Sevcon Gen 4 72v 350A and is from 2012.

Controller should already be matched to motor but I will be running a different battery set up so know I will ned to do some tweaking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone got experience with the Sevcon Handheld Calibrator?
The one I'm trying to use won't get over the "logging in" stage...
It came without a cable, so I tried to configure my own by connecting pins 2 and 4 from the RJ45 outlet of the calibrator to V- and V+ and pin 5 to CanH, pin 6 to CanL of the mini-Molex.
It powers up and then tries logging in, but never succeeds...
Without Can cables connected, I'm able to reach the menu...

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
good day i have sevcon gen4 but i don't have dvt software, can someone send me the setup program. As university students, we make electric cars at our school, we need to install software on the motor driver, but we could not find the setup program. Thank you very much if you send it.
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a gen4 + me1718 brand new. Motor is wiggling, slower than the 1000watt brushed of my son. I don't even want to tweak thing I just want it to work as intended. Electricmotorsport is slow to responds and the kit is 900 US and as a single Canadian dad it means I am a failure on that one I feel scammed. I lost 2 month on waiting for it to arrive and 2k$ why not !!!

121 - 130 of 130 Posts