Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and am shopping for my first SxS. Been looking at (new and used) Yamaha Vikings, Can Am Commander, John Deere 850, and Rangers. Planning to mostly use it for duck hunting and some play.

After a lot of searching and research, I'm about 100% sure I'm going with a Ranger. About 6 weeks ago, a good friend of mine bought a new 2014 900 LE EPS and loves it. He paid $12,600 for it new (no tax).

I've asked around and pretty much found that all the 2014's are gone, and if I want a brand new 900 now I'll have to go with a 15, which is a little outside of what I'd hoped to spend.

There's a used 2014 900 Titanium LE for sale close by, guy hoping to downsize to a 4 wheeler. He is considering trading, but said that he'd sell his Ranger for $12,250 (I'm assuming that's payoff). It has a polaris pro 6500 winch, Lock and ride roof, 14" M20 wheels, and 27" Maxxis Bighorns.

Not knowing a whole lot other than having spent some time looking at used ones, it seems like a decent deal to me. There's also some chance I can work out a trade with a friend who has a 4 wheeler for sale and come out even better off. Any thoughts on the price?

This week I also looked at the 2015 LE 570 midsize in bronze mist, and liked it a lot. The dealer near me has one on order that I could buy. Their price is $10,950. Seems like buying a midsize in the 2015 may not have the drawbacks that they used to and should be plenty for what I'd use it for.

Thanks for any feedback I may get. I'm very excited about getting a new toy.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Go drive them. Me, personally, wouldn't touch a used one. There isn't enough of a price difference to a new one. And then u get exactly what u want. If ur not going to do a lot of grunt work the 570 will be fine for u.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 900 and 570 have the same towing/bed capabilities and I think the 15 570 is rated at like 4 less horsepower than the 14 800. Anywho I purchased the 15 570 and I love it. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The fullsize 570 has the same rating as the 900 2000lbs towing and 1500lbs payload were the midsized 570 is 1500lbs towing and 1000lbs payload

·
Registered
11 Posts
Purchase

Keep in mind the 2014 800 is a proven twin. Not to knock the 570 at all. I own a 2014 800 EPS LE and after researching on internet I found several of the 800's with high miles. You can't go wrong either way. Power steering in my mind is a must.....Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
The 800 engines are older technology, to the new prostar's. It is like
going from Analog to Digital, in the electronic's world.

·
Registered
76 Posts
900 vs 570.

Unless you plan on moving mountains. The 570 will be fine. One other thing is size. I have problems getting my 900 around in the woods you need a highway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also looked at a gator and polaris. Im using mine for hunting/play/plowing snow and getting fire wood. Ended up getting a 2015 570 fs ranger. Polaris has more than enough power/great gas mileage/and the cab set up has much more room. Now for the gator(825i) it was nice but cab space sucked/reaching down to shift gets old real quick/but has nice low end power. I also own a gator 4x6 that is a tank but wanted something for a little play as well. Mid vs fs is totally up to you. Im 6 4 and want to fit 3 up front so the decision was easy for me (fs) just for 2 though getting around on trails and in the woods is much eaiser in the mid. Good luck with your decision and I hope this helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Go drive them. Me, personally, wouldn't touch a used one. There isn't enough of a price difference to a new one.
Don't forget about delivery charge ($595), prep charge ($275), tax ($790), and state fees ($145). That's over $1800 that you typically don't pay when buying a used one from a private sale. I walked into a dealer last night ready to buy. With the above charges and a bunch of installed accessories/labor that I didn't want, the actual cost was $4k more than the advertised price. I never had that happen with a craigslist purchase.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There's a 570 mid size & 570 full size. 570 FS is identical to the 900 in regards to the body,suspension etc. And it depends on YOUR needs whether a Mid or full size will suite you. Powers there with all of them. Its boils down to how much $$¢$$$ your willing to spend to get what you need

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't forget about delivery charge ($595), prep charge ($275), tax ($790), and state fees ($145). That's over $1800 that you typically don't pay when buying a used one from a private sale. I walked into a dealer last night ready to buy. With the above charges and a bunch of installed accessories/labor that I didn't want, the actual cost was $4k more than the advertised price. I never had that happen with a craigslist purchase.
60.00 title fee + tax over cost of machine ( 9200) for a 570 mid without power steering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts